• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

That is a true "you know you are addicted..."

Dude is homeless and still plays. :p

At the course I learned on in San Diego, there is a couple dollar fee to play. There were a number of guys who would go out and search for lost discs or get them out of trees, just to turn them in for the $1 reward, and use that to pay for their round. Homeless disc golfing on a pay to play course = addicted.

At the course I learned on in San Diego, there is a couple dollar fee to play. There were a number of guys who would go out and search for lost discs or get them out of trees, just to turn them in for the $1 reward, and use that to pay for their round. Homeless disc golfing on a pay to play course = addicted.

Resourcful too.......... :cool:

Have you seen that movie The Terminal with Tom Hanks, where he collects all the luggage carts and turns them in to get money to eat. Kind of reminds me of that.

You guys are old

not funny or weird.................but freakin CRAZY!!!

Back in Michigan i frequented Raintree Park in Troy with the same friend(i long-standing rivalry thing)and as we are playing we see about 6-8 younger guys playing the course also. We get around to hole 8 and this group of kids are done playing but hanging out by the restroom building. Upon a closer look, all but one guy is all lined up facing the wall with the last guy standing about 20 feet behind them. He hauls off and throws a golf disc at their backs!!!!!! We stand there in total shock as he fires 3 more discs at them!!!!! Then HE takes his place on "the wall" with another guy "up to bat"............ Imagine getting hit blind side by a driver thrown full speed!!!!

To this day i still can't imagine WTF they were trying to accomplish. :confused:

I'm pretty sure the kids call this game "guts," presumably because when you manage to see some intestine you win...

We used to play a similar game with a tennis ball, I guess kids really do have it tougher nowadays.

I saw this yesterday and I thought it was interesting. At a new course they just built, the first hole is only 150ft, but its through some thick trees, and over a 7 foot mound, so you can't see the basket at all, just a bicycle flag that someone put on top of the basket.

We noticed near the basket yesterday a upside down cooking pot with a metal spoon hanging inside the pot like a bell clanger, and a rope hanging from the spoon. On the pot were the letters "Clear". We figured out that once you are leaving the hole, you ring the "bell" to let the people on the tee know that the hole is clear. I thought that was a really cool idea who ever did that. Seems like a really neat idea for blind holes.

I saw this yesterday and I thought it was interesting. At a new course they just built, the first hole is only 150ft, but its through some thick trees, and over a 7 foot mound, so you can't see the basket at all, just a bicycle flag that someone put on top of the basket.

We noticed near the basket yesterday a upside down cooking pot with a metal spoon hanging inside the pot like a bell clanger, and a rope hanging from the spoon. On the pot were the letters "Clear". We figured out that once you are leaving the hole, you ring the "bell" to let the people on the tee know that the hole is clear. I thought that was a really cool idea who ever did that. Seems like a really neat idea for blind holes.

I really like that idea! Especially since so few players actually yell clear on blind holes, it seems like a great idea to keep the course moving without having players throw on top of one another.

A friend and I were playing golf at about 1 am at a lit course (Clyde fant in Shreveport) and my buddy spotted an opossum and started trying to hit it with his discs and was successful. The Opossum turned around and chased my buddy for about 300 ft. It didn't bite him. You shouldn't fool with mother nature, she usually bites.

Was at Nottingham Park in Houston at hole 12. I look to my right and there is a gang of dudes with black bandanas around their faces dressed in all black about 100 yards to my right. Staring at who I think is me. I then look to my right, heart pounding, and see a group of other guys dressed in white who then proceed turn and start running. Said gang then proceeds to begin chasing other guys across park while packing some considerable heat. Needless to say, I don't play Nottingham anymore.

My brother and I were playing Miramar Park in Sea Brook, Tx today and we were coming up #3 and we had two female deer go walking right by us. There weren't even afraid of us. They walked about 20 feet away from us, looked at us, and just kept walking. It was cool to see. I tried to get my phone out to take a picture , but they didn't hang around long enough.

My brother and I were playing Miramar Park in Sea Brook, Tx today and we were coming up #3 and we had two female deer go walking right by us. There weren't even afraid of us. They walked about 20 feet away from us, looked at us, and just kept walking. It was cool to see. I tried to get my phone out to take a picture , but they didn't hang around long enough.

What???? They played through without asking???

Why is it that these events always seem to happen where there's a dg course? I've seen similar things at 3 different courses.

i figured i might add to this theme as well. the first time i ever went discing, it was at a park where my friend had his graduation party, and there was also a course. and what do you know, there was a large group of LARPers (live-action role players) foam swords and all.

Was at Nottingham Park in Houston at hole 12. I look to my right and there is a gang of dudes with black bandanas around their faces dressed in all black about 100 yards to my right. Staring at who I think is me. I then look to my right, heart pounding, and see a group of other guys dressed in white who then proceed turn and start running. Said gang then proceeds to begin chasing other guys across park while packing some considerable heat. Needless to say, I don't play Nottingham anymore.

Holy crap! I have heard that course has gone down hill, but damn.

I have been practicing on an abandoned country club lately and have run into tons of deer who will walk by me at about an arms length away! I saw a badger for the first time also. And yesterday i ran into a baby deer(fawn i guess you would call it)all by its lonesome in some brush. I didnt bother it in case its mother came back( i read that they may abandon thier baby if they have human scent on them).I gonna go check to see if its still there today-I dont want it to die because of me- i dont even think it can walk yet, it was tiny little guy...

Playing at Bayville this past Fri, there was a big group of players in front of us, who we caught up to on 15. They tee off and one drive goes right near the tee box for 16 and almost hits the 2 people who were slowing everyone down. Thrower yells "Fore", everything is cool. We let another group play through, and then while we are waiting on 16 to tee off we hear "Fore" again. Same big group now on 17 hits the slow group, now on 18, in the back. The hittee turns around like he is ready to fight, raises his arms up and holds them in front of him in an "X" formation, huffs and puffs at the throwers and walks away.

I've also seen a bicyclists ride right through the middle of the course, even though he was warned. After he ignored those warnings, a group decided to try to hit the moving target, and succeeded.

Bayville is a really old course, first pole holer on the east coast I believe, and a lot of the holes run right next to previous holes. It can be very dangerous, especially during busy times.

We were at TC Jester Park yesterday on hole #8. I you have played that course you know that hole has thick trees and bushes on both sides making a tight fairway.

Out of no where, a huge poodle came running out of the trees and ran right across our path. We all looked at each other, and then took out shots. A few minutes later we saw a lady putting a leash on the dog. If that dog had been 20 seconds later, it would have been nailed by a disc.

I've also seen a bicyclists ride right through the middle of the course, even though he was warned. After he ignored those warnings, a group decided to try to hit the moving target, and succeeded.

lol, I hate bicyclists.

lol, I hate bicyclists.
Hey, don't be a hater! ;)

We have one guy that rides through our course all the time even though there is a perfectly good bike trail that loops right around the course. I've seen other throwers try to hit him, and he probably deserves it if it happens. I know better and try to just stay on the bike trail, although I always say Hi to throwers where the trail loops in on the #6 tee.

Latest posts