• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Deal

Since over 100 packs were sold of this, Dave McCormack threw in a 6th disc (gateways choice) to every order :D
just so you guys know how awesome Dave and these deals are

Sweet, I wonder what it'll be. Last deal I bought from him came with a ninja to try, not something I'll ever carry but it was fun to throw a few times.

Got a Scout as my extra disc! Feels very buzzz-like.
Guess it'll be nice to try something new - I was just stocking up on putters with the other five.

would be sweet to get a scout to try..thats awesome. my package should be here tomorrow! :D

I ordered the deal before this most recent one...still haven't receive the package...and I bought two of them. I'm sure they'll show up...

I ordered the deal before this most recent one...still haven't receive the package...and I bought two of them. I'm sure they'll show up...

I would definitely call them and check on the order. Canis Lupis had this problem and luckily he called because the order wasn't on the way. When they found out they immediately shipped it out with a few extra discs.

Just got the 5-for-$40 deal in today - so stoked. I ordered:

Evo Wiz (mine got seasoned to straight, need overstable one again)
2x S Voodoo (now have 6 voodoos for more efficient practicing)
S Scout (to try, mine is FR and says "S-Proto" on the underside)
E Sabre (this thing has the biggest dome I've ever seen)

and my bonus disc was an extra 172g SSS Wizard w/$$$ stamp on it :thmbup:

Also my gf got in on their lightweight deal and got:
150 S Magic
155 S Scout
154 E Sabre
and she let me get an Organic Wizard as the bonus putter (awww).

Can't wait to throw this stuff tomorrow.

Now Im really hoping mine comes in the mail tomorrow. I wont lie, half the reason I bought this was to be entered into the raffle to win the basket, but I can never have too many Wizards either, and The scout will be fun to try out.

Scout feels different than anything I've held before truthfully - I'm kinda curious to see what it feels like on release (and then how it flies.)

you're right about the Wizards. I'm officially hooked after being a hater for so long.

I got mine in the mail today too. 5/6 Wizards (puts me over 30 now. I have an obsession)
2 - 173 Green Proto Organics
2 - 175 Chalky Black ? - no plastic type marked, but they're incredibly grippy with great Dead stamps
1 - 168 Glow - I tried for two, but he said they weren't available. Psyched to try a lower weight
My extra was a 170 E-Assassin. This one's a lot more flexible than the one I tried a while ago. It feels great, but it's not going to make the bag.

I can't wait for the next deal. I can always use some more Wizards on the cheap.

Last edited:
I just opened mine, got the wizards I asked for and a diablo dt, anyone know anything about that disc so I don't have to go look it up myself?

I got mine in the mail today too. 5/6 Wizards (puts me over 30 now. I have an obsession)
2 - 173 Green Proto Organics
2 - 175 Chalky Black ? - no plastic type marked, but they're incredibly grippy with great Dead stamps
1 - 168 Glow - I tried for two, but he said they weren't available. Psyched to try a lower weight
My extra was a 170 E-Assassin. This one's a lot more flexible than the one I tried a while ago. It feels great, but it's not going to make the bag.

I can't wait for the next deal. I can always use some more Wizards on the cheap.

Let me know if you wanna trade that assassin.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong... but on ebay it says you can get 40 custom stamped discs for $10 including 50 minis? i think its an auction though, but still thats too cheap to be true. If its not I'm totally getting it and getting like 20 wizards, and trying they're other putters in all the plastics!

I didn't read the rest of this thread, but the last time Gateway had custom stamp auctions they canceled 2/3 of them becuase the prices were not high enough.

I just opened mine, got the wizards I asked for and a diablo dt, anyone know anything about that disc so I don't have to go look it up myself?

The Diablo DT is a pretty over stable disc, the Hi Flex if you can find one it less stable but still flies like an Innova Starfire. Don't buy the regular S-line plastic one, it is very hard and has no grip. Look for Gateway to retool this disc in the future.

to report: threw the Scout and Sabre today - the S-Scout feels good in hand and releases clean. I don't know that it's going to do anything that my beloved Squall doesn't already do, but it's new so I'll throw it around for a bit.

The Sabre is not a bad disc either - to me flies kinda like a JLS. I like the Evo plastic feel so that's a plus too. Only problem is mine is ZOMG SUPER DOMEY...easily the domiest disc I've ever owned, so it feels a little different in hand than you'd expect for a driver.

Why the dome hate through and through on this site? The other thing I've heard about dome is related to the River, and in that it helps with glide. So what's the beef with dome?

I wasn't hating, I just said it feels different in hand...neither a good or bad connotation put on it.

I posted it since a flat one might not fly the same way, it'll help to know why accounts of the same disc differ.