• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Deal

I have two Sabres and I expect both are just as domey. Apaches are also the same way quite often. Domey is good for glide, but I find them harder to FH consistently, and also more difficult to use an alternate grip for powering down.

I wasn't hating, I just said it feels different in hand...neither a good or bad connotation put on it.

I posted it since a flat one might not fly the same way, it'll help to know why accounts of the same disc differ.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to single you out, just reminded me of all of the times I see people say stuff like "the first runs are good but the later runs are domey" etc etc. Was just wondering if I was missing something.

people love their flat tops - they tend to be faster and more overstable according to popular consensus.

I think it's also because flat tops come out of the mold less frequently? but I don't have facts to back that - just based on observation alone, so the rare factor dominates...

flat tops cut through air faster, but will have less glide/lift; hence the extra fade.

Stronger arms will get more out of flat tops than noodle-arms, since they can get the disc up to faster speeds which will generate more lift i.e. increase speeds in an airplane and it will climb.

I just checked my two Sabres -- the Evo is a bit flatter than the glow. Never noticed it before, but I guess that explains why they fly so differently.

I got my pack in the mail yesterday. Got everything I asked for
1 - Diablo DT - 172
1 - ProLine Spirit - 174
1 - Evolution Blaze - 175
2 - Soft Wizards - 175
And my extra disc was a First Run Scout - 176

Really awesome deal!

I called Gateway last week and was told I'd get my discs by Friday...Monday at the latest. I ordered over two weeks ago and still nothing. Should I be concerned?

I got 3 of the LW sets, One for me, for my girlfriends brother, and using all the lw putters to play catch with the dog. I also got the 5 for 4 deal, I got two minis a towel 5 scouts and an Apache. I lost my river and may continue to use the apache.

Could you Facebook peoplez please keep this thread updated with the deals for us non-Facebook peoplez?

The deal is on again. 5 discs for $40 or 10 discs for $70. I've only thrown a Wizard so I split a 10 pack with a friend and will try out 5 new Gateway discs.

I've been looking for a good midrange to throw into the wind. Maybe i'll try a blaze. I'm really happy with my wizards and element, so I'll get some more of those too. Anything else I should try out while I'm shopping?

The new Scout is a good disc...I think it's their attempt at a Roc-like mid, but it's not quite as overstable (at least in S-line plastic) starting out.

The new Scout is a good disc...I think it's their attempt at a Roc-like mid, but it's not quite as overstable (at least in S-line plastic) starting out.

My Scout is in E and I'll vouch for this too. I'd say my Scout was just a hair more overstable than a new Z Buzzz.

I love my new E Scout. It replaced my Buzzz. It has a nice rounded rim, which I have never felt before, but it fits nicely into my hand... and hopefully into the basket.

this guy?
132040.jpg

or this guy?
313275400_45a0a5eadd.jpg

you'd think people working at Gateway would be able to keep their Jerrys in order :)

Love Rafferty, that guy could wake up everyday and write a hit song from the heart.

Also thanks to Gateway for our 60 FREE Tourney Stamped discs AND CTP/Ring of Fire Prizes!!!!

I've been looking for a good midrange to throw into the wind. Maybe i'll try a blaze. I'm really happy with my wizards and element, so I'll get some more of those too. Anything else I should try out while I'm shopping?

I love the Blaze, and I prefer it for an overstable over a banshee or similar discs.. trident, whippet maybe? I don't carry a million discs though, so I aim for decent versatility, and the Blaze is the best of the bunch.

just got my second deal. 70 bucks for 10 Putters