• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Germ-X Hand Sanitizer

If you get enough urushiol on ya it is gonna be alot more than 50 bucks worth of itch. I had to get steroidal anti inflammatory injections and course of prednisone as well. Mapped the geology in a burn area that was chock-s#it full of poison oak. And I had technu and washed with technu soap when I got home (knew it was a bad area for PO before the fire).

I know two people that got hospitalized and had to get adrenaline to fight it off. 1 guy lost 65 pounds in the hospital...it is nothing to be cavalier about.

Also @ Booter:
Be careful anyhow...it is easy to develop allergies to them...avoid it like you have the allergies

Last edited:
Zenbot.. he obviously meant the small tiny gallon bottle for giants... gosh.

Going through hell right now with poison oak. Tecnu cleared it up on my legs and hands. Before i knew i had it on me i went pee and got it on my "cash & prizes". Had to go to the doctor for some cream, a shot in the ass, and some pills. I'm so miserable right now but i was scared to rub Tecnu on my junk

Going through hell right now with poison oak. Tecnu cleared it up on my legs and hands. Before i knew i had it on me i went pee and got it on my "cash & prizes". Had to go to the doctor for some cream, a shot in the ass, and some pills. I'm so miserable right now but i was scared to rub Tecnu on my junk

Sorry friend, certainly understand your pain.. Tecnu goes anywhere (but eyes) so long as you rinse thoroughly and don't let it sit on the skin for longer than a few hours.

To keep from scratching, try ice cubes and "itch" with the ice.. Don't be scared to OD on benadryl either if it puts you to sleep and does the trick. Once the itching subsides, try some bacitracin on the scars to help the skin heal.

Hey man. Homebody quoted $50. I just had to straight-up educate. You can buy enough Tecnu to last a decade for under $20.

images

Word.

Hey man. Homebody quoted $50. I just had to straight-up educate. You can buy enough Tecnu to last a decade for under $20.

images

Word.

Plus $8.00 shipping. By the time you round that up and excagerate for effect then you're sitting right at $50.00.

It was much more expensive about five years ago when my dad and I both got poison ivy real bad while clearing some brush on his property. My dad got the tencu and I just used soap, water, and hydrocortizone. He was still itching a week later and I was fine after about two days.

I use sanitizers at times, but not to sanitize my hands or protect from anything. I squeeze a drop or two on my disc when I can't quite get a grip. Rub with your thumb and fingers of your throwing hand until the disc feels almost sticky.

Works for me. I've also used glass cleaning wipes. Not the ones for lenses....the ones for windows. Make sure you use those with alcohol, I think that's the ticket.

All I know is this, I am really badly allergic to poison ivy and Germ-X has prevented it for me several times since I learned this. I have also gotten poison ivy (didn't catch it quick enough) and used the Germ-X to clear up the case and greatly reduce the itch. I don't care if its bad for my skin, the scars I've had from before are worse.