• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

Should Chris make the secondary color Black

• Yes

Votes: 78 69.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 34 30.4%

• Total voters
scoot_er said:
Are any of you guys sponsoring players? I need a bag pretty badly.... :lol:

you guys??? how many of me do you think there is??? :lol:
hit me up with a PM and we'll talk about it and stuff

just got my kong in the mail a few days ago and it seems to be a top notch bag, really well thought out with all the extra storage space and whatnot. my one gripe is the spacers/end pieces of the internal frame look to me like they will eventually wear through the bottom of the bag :( ive been trying to find a slim pad or something to put under them to prevent this but have been unable to find anything. it seems like the bag would benefit from a thicker bottom material simillar to the vinyl (or whatever it is) on the bottom of the revos

gorillaboy said:
OK here it is!! the bag thats gonna cross the nation.
The "Play 'em All Tour" Kong

playemall-2-1.jpg

Is this the back pack or something extra you were working on on the side?

I like the bag but it isnt what I was expecting.

Dut said:
gorillaboy said:
OK here it is!! the bag thats gonna cross the nation.
The "Play 'em All Tour" Kong

playemall-2-1.jpg

Is this the back pack or something extra you were working on on the side?

I like the bag but it isnt what I was expecting.
thats NOT the backpack its the Kong, his top of the line large bag. i just got one a few days ago and its $$$$

Ohhh, I thought it was sweet looking. Looked nothing like a book bag though, so it confused me.

Well, back to waiting patiently, pimp kong by the way.

I have had my Chimp for a year and a half, and it does have some wear on the bottom, but I'm super hard on bags due to the number of rounds I play (well, used to play since I started my job). But nothing significant.

ahhhh yes the backpack......well I'm mostly positive I have the frame done to where I would like it to be now......I have had to start making up stock again to make sure i stay caught up and have time to work on other projects I.E. the "backpack"...but my idea's for the backpack have come along nicely and I think in the next 1 or 2 times that I rework the pattern of the backpack it'll be ready to go...once I have it done I'm planning on making up about 20 of em and once there done then I'll start taking orders for em....in case any one wanted to know

I still want a digital urban camo backpack....

...but I can't find it in 100% Cordura.

Chris, do you think the backpack will fit well on someone with a smaller frame? I'm only 5'4", but would love to carry more discs. I already use a Tom Bihn Brainbag backpack (best laptop backapck ever designed), and it fits well on a smaller guy.

yeah I'm pretty sure it will work out well for a smaller framed person.

not sure yet what I'm going to do color scheme wise I'm thinkin I'm gonna be doing it 2 tone most likely. so they would be gray+what ever for the main color

Man, the anticipation is killing me on this backpack...

I personally have never owned a GB bag, but I have had the opportunity to to see and hold some of your bags and they are very nice btw.

With that kind of quality/functionality in the GB bags I have seen, I have been really interested in this backpack.

I have always wanted to get a backpack, but never have done so because I don't want to drop $150+ on a backpack that has minor issues like some backbacks that I hear have.

Hopefully, your backpack has the same kind of quality as your bags because I would be very interested in one!

well the quality is gonna be there for sure.

and I'm almost positive that I'm gonna be selling my backpack for $150...(but dont worry I'm sure once you see it you'll think it's way worth it.....i hope)

one thing for sure is this backpack is not going to be for those who like to carry more than 15 discs...it is more for the minimalist discer...but the upsides to it are gonna be sweet! ....I have taken the view on designing this pack as what are the more important things that the "average" player would want to have with them on the course ...whats functional and needed and whats not...

so really I have been working on it like I have with all my bags ....so far my biggest problem with this project is naming the series it will be and naming the bag itself

How about the Marsupial Series and the Koala Pack. Or Sugar glider. I always liked the name of the capuchin monkey. I think Capuchin is good.

dgdave said:
How about the Marsupial Series and the Koala Pack. Or Sugar glider. I always liked the name of the capuchin monkey. I think Capuchin is good.

The only problem is that as the GB bags get bigger the name gets bigger; so what's bigger than Kong? King Kong? might be too confusing...

gorillaboy said:
....so far my biggest problem with this project is naming the series it will be and naming the bag itself

It's too bad you already used Silverback...otherwise the backpack practically names itself...Silverback...Silverbackpack...Silverbacker...