• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

Should Chris make the secondary color Black

• Yes

Votes: 78 69.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 34 30.4%

• Total voters
Mountain Gorilla....

The Mountain Gorilla - Gorilla beringei beringei - scientific name....

So a Beringei would be the FANCY/Expensive name for a Mountain Gorilla...

Gorilla Boy Beringei Backpack for Disc Golf.

Jwt4412 said:
Mountain Gorilla....

I like that idea, sounds exotic and high end, while still being a rugged and tough primate.

Jwt4412 said:
Mountain Gorilla....

I like it!

so now what would the series name for it be???

Might as well put it in the evo or primate series, unless you make different versions. I was hoping you would call it the baboon backpack, maybe sew red ass cushion on the back.

You could start and ape series, couldn't really think of anything else.

Jesse B 707 said:
Jaysus said:
P.S. I actually am not a fan of the zipper pulls :(
me neither mine broke after 2 weeks :cry:
I concur on this point.
Almost all of mine have broken, and my Silverback is less than a month old. I have resorted to small keyrings as pulls.

All of the supplied caribiners also died, which were easily replaced, but still something I believe shouldnt happen when dishing out $100+ for the bag,

But Overall, I do think the Silverback is a wonderful bag. Now that I have added the Phenix backpack straps, replaced all of the zipper pulls and caribiners, touched up the hem on the putter pocket (finishing seam wasnt sewn alll the way on.... easy fix), and found the perfect beverage bottle combo for the holsters I couldnt be happier.

Pics; (Phenix strap not shown)
bag2gp8.jpg

bag1xy1.jpg

bag4qq7.jpg

From what I can tell, this bad boy will be around for a LONG time :)

Donkeypuncher said:
Might as well put it in the evo or primate series, unless you make different versions. I was hoping you would call it the baboon backpack, maybe sew red ass cushion on the back.

You could start and ape series, couldn't really think of anything else.

If its in the "Evo" or Evolution series.... you should call it the "Discus Erectus"

Bobby12many said:
Jesse B 707 said:
Jaysus said:
I concur on this point.
Almost all of mine have broken, and my Silverback is less than a month old. I have resorted to small keyrings as pulls.

All of the supplied caribiners also died, which were easily replaced, but still something I believe shouldnt happen when dishing out $100+ for the bag,

But Overall, I do think the Silverback is a wonderful bag. Now that I have added the Phenix backpack straps, replaced all of the zipper pulls and caribiners, touched up the hem on the putter pocket (finishing seam wasnt sewn alll the way on.... easy fix), and found the perfect beverage bottle combo for the holsters I couldnt be happier.

really the caribiners broke??? thats the first time I've heard of that happening. you should have let me know so I could have sent you new ones.and yes I totally agree the zipper pulls do come apart to easily I'm going to find better ones..sorry about the stitching on the binding on the front every once in awhile we miss it if you send it back I'll fix it up for ya

Chris-

Many thanks for your thoughts, concerns, and willingness to follow up with your bags even as the little things get to us.

Gotta admit that it is super cool to have direct contact with the owner/source of gorilla boy bags as opposed to being left on hold by an operator or tossed around from flunky to flunky at another disc bag company in trying to make amends on their ramifications

Keep up the good work chris, yer bound for big stuff.

Chris,

When will we get a preview of the new backpack? and I never got an answer wether I will be able to get an all camo one or not?

Keep up the good work :wink:

jtkustomizer said:
Chris,

When will we get a preview of the new backpack? and I never got an answer wether I will be able to get an all camo one or not?

Keep up the good work :wink:

I dont know for sure hopefully not to much longer....

and

most like you will not be able to get it in just one color. I'm probably going to be making it in 2 tone....

gorillaboy said:
Bobby12many said:
Jesse B 707 said:
Jaysus said:
I concur on this point.

really the caribiners broke??? thats the first time I've heard of that happening. you should have let me know so I could have sent you new ones.and yes I totally agree the zipper pulls do come apart to easily I'm going to find better ones..sorry about the stitching on the binding on the front every once in awhile we miss it if you send it back I'll fix it up for ya

I totally appreciate that man, but no worries. I did not mean to shed a bad light on you or your product. I absolutely love my bag and wouldnt replace it with anything on the market !

Strange about the caribiners tho. 3 of them had the clasps cimply snap the wrong way somehow and render any "click" or locking action useless. But again, It was a very minor problem and was easily fixed. I

I ordered a pack of 12 "keychain" grade locking 'biners off ebay and they were just the ticket, as now I have extras and they all match :)

I was looking at the bags on the web site and I have a question or two or three.
First. Are the Primate series pictures and descriptions accurate. Your front page mentions a change in features.
Second. I do, on occastion, carry my bag in a cart. The basket on my cart is 20" x 12". Would the Squirrel Monkey fit (front to back)? Would the Silverback fit (side to side). For the Silverback, assume that both drink holders are holding 20oz Mt. Dews.
Last. Does the web site have the current color combinations. I have carried a black Innova for the last few years but I'm not against a little change.

ADiscand3Plates said:
I was looking at the bags on the web site and I have a question or two or three.
First. Are the Primate series pictures and descriptions accurate. Your front page mentions a change in features.
Second. I do, on occastion, carry my bag in a cart. The basket on my cart is 20" x 12". Would the Squirrel Monkey fit (front to back)? Would the Silverback fit (side to side). For the Silverback, assume that both drink holders are holding 20oz Mt. Dews.
Last. Does the web site have the current color combinations. I have carried a black Innova for the last few years but I'm not against a little change.

the primate series underwent miner changes...the are no umbrelle straps on any of the bags in the primate series any more. and I added a 9x9 pocket to the Chimp and made all the zipper pockets thinner. and they only come in one choice of color. and the colors I have to choose from right now are

black
yellow
camo
orange
wine
gray
navy blue
kelly green

the bags in the Evo series come standard in 2 tone color scheme gray high lites+ the main color

the spider monkey is roughly 6"W x 12"L x 9"H
the silverback is roughly 9"W x 15"L x 9"H

hope this answers your qeustions