• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

which would you rather see for a black Friday deal?

• free shipping with in the U.S.

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • 13% off

Votes: 31 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not very worried about the poles. My plan is just to attach it to a platform via Velcro or carabiners. I'm about 250 lbs so my main concern is just to make the platform and axle strong enough for when I plop down on it. This way I could easily remove it and be gtg for a really hilly course.

Now to sell my wife on the new backpack.

with the way I have it set up in the pictures you can sit on it with no worries about bending the axle. all you do is put the axle through which ever loop brings the wheels your choosing to use just slightly off the ground when the bag is setting upright. there is absolutely zero pressure being put into the axle when the bag is setting upright.

Just wanted to stop in and say thanks for speaking with my wife yesterday, I had no idea she was getting me a Simian for Christmas so it will be exciting getting that awesome after Christmas gift. Now the only problem is deciding on a color I was set on digital camo until I saw jimbosprints army green bag in this thread.

Right! So here's a little video I did. Please excuse the incredibly crappy quality - I might try to sort out a better one, but for now, I figured I might as well post this as I already have it uploaded. Hopefully it does some good and provides a bit of info!

My favorite pocket is the one above the discs. That is where my keys, wallet and phone go. I can sit on it and they are safe in a little cocoon. I also have extra discs in the bottom pocket, but will probably store a lunch down there during tournaments. The PVC keeps it crush proof.

Thanks! I am definitely excited. I'll probably calm down at some point, but right now I think about how awesome this bag is on an hourly basis. I'm an enthusiastic dude. :D

My favorite pocket is the one above the discs. That is where my keys, wallet and phone go. I can sit on it and they are safe in a little cocoon. I also have extra discs in the bottom pocket, but will probably store a lunch down there during tournaments. The PVC keeps it crush proof.

Indeed - that's a cool little pocket. I keep smaller stuff in there that I want to have readily accessible. Small stuff gets a bit lost in the main side pockets, which are cavernous.

That's a great idea to store food in the bottom compartment. I can't wait to break this baby in during a road trip - going to take a short one next month, I'm looking forward to having the Simian along for the ride.

How does the stool inside the backpack hold up? I really like the concept but am a little hesitant that a square PVC frame wouldn't be too durable.

How does the stool inside the backpack hold up? I really like the concept but am a little hesitant that a square PVC frame wouldn't be too durable.

I've been hard on my simian for the past 2 years and it still looks brand new...there are no issues with anything including the frame. When I say brand new, I mean it.

The frame is sturdy. I've let a few bigger guys test it out. No issues at all. Plus it's more comfortable than any stool.

plus the up side to having a pvc frame is if on the odd chance something would break on the frame its extremely inexpensive to fix it. the pvc frames are very durable.

Ok guys I just got my Spider Monkey yesterday and I have to say I am SUPER Impressed.

-The first that I noticed with this bag is the material. It is top notch. The bottom material is even better. I can tell that the exterior of this bag is going to be durable for a loooonnnngggg time.
-I am also very pleased with the padding on this cup holder. It could double as a pillow it is that stuffed. We aren't dealing with a Salient looking cup holder on this baby...
-The spare storage: The mesh pocket on the side doesn't have a zipper closure but it is perfect for nicks nacks like towels, sunflower seeds and anything that you don't mind if they take an accidental spill.
-Inside the zipper pocket however there is ample storage. The is a nice phone pocket and key ring as well. Even this pocket screams well constructed.

The whole inspiration for this post though is the spare strap. I was a little hesistant to purchase the extra strap just because it is an extra $10. IF you buy a smaller GB bag, Buy the strap. It is made of some really tough nylon and the padding is also amazingly cush. Really a nice one shoulder strap.

Overall this Spider made me very pleased with my first experience with GB Bags and I can't wait for the my Simian (in three months)....

Ok guys I just got my Spider Monkey yesterday and I have to say I am SUPER Impressed.

-The first that I noticed with this bag is the material. It is top notch. The bottom material is even better. I can tell that the exterior of this bag is going to be durable for a loooonnnngggg time.
-I am also very pleased with the padding on this cup holder. It could double as a pillow it is that stuffed. We aren't dealing with a Salient looking cup holder on this baby...
-The spare storage: The mesh pocket on the side doesn't have a zipper closure but it is perfect for nicks nacks like towels, sunflower seeds and anything that you don't mind if they take an accidental spill.
-Inside the zipper pocket however there is ample storage. The is a nice phone pocket and key ring as well. Even this pocket screams well constructed.

The whole inspiration for this post though is the spare strap. I was a little hesistant to purchase the extra strap just because it is an extra $10. IF you buy a smaller GB bag, Buy the strap. It is made of some really tough nylon and the padding is also amazingly cush. Really a nice one shoulder strap.

Overall this Spider made me very pleased with my first experience with GB Bags and I can't wait for the my Simian (in three months)....

Right on! It's good to hear your thoughts on the Spider.

I had the same thought about the strap when I first got my Simian. I had always been a bit indignant at the thought of paying $10 for it, but after I saw what the straps are like I the Simian, I understood the extra cost and also thought it'd be well worth it. With that in mind, I like that Chris provides you the option rather than automatically including it and raising the cost of the bag.

Latest posts