• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

which would you rather see for a black Friday deal?

• free shipping with in the U.S.

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • 13% off

Votes: 31 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
is the Simian the biggest bag?

Yes and no, It "Holds" less then others, but it Holds more then others. Depending on what you do with the storage. I think I can get 13 in the main part (5 drivers, 4 mids, 4 putters) and each side pocket can fit 5ish mids, and the bottom can hold 3ish mids.

You saw mine a while back.

What's the difference between the spider monkey and the squirrel monkey? Is it just the extra drink holder? Also, how many discs can you fit in them comfortably? (I know the website says 8-10, but I want personal experiences). Thanks!

I'm friends with the owner of gorilla boy, but that only means I've seen many examples of his work. I may be biased, but he makes great bags.

He also makes a good doubles partner. When he's not throwing lefty.

What's the difference between the spider monkey and the squirrel monkey? Is it just the extra drink holder? Also, how many discs can you fit in them comfortably? (I know the website says 8-10, but I want personal experiences). Thanks!
I have both at the moment.

spider has the extra drink holder and the big pocket behind the putter pocket. the putter pocket can hold 2 discs well or three if there is nothing in the pocket behind them. 9 in the main and up to three putters up front. the main pocket behind the putters is bigger than the main pocket on the squirrel.

the squirrel can hold 9 in the main and one putter up front. it has a small pocket on the side big enough to hold an extra towel and some extras.

hope this helps i am getting rid of the squirrel now that i have the spider. i sweat like a pig in the summer and need the extra drink holder. Both are top notch and will last for years.

spider has the extra drink holder and the big pocket behind the putter pocket. the putter pocket can hold 2 discs well or three if there is nothing in the pocket behind them. 9 in the main and up to three putters up front. the main pocket behind the putters is bigger than the main pocket on the squirrel.

the squirrel can hold 9 in the main and one putter up front. it has a small pocket on the side big enough to hold an extra towel and some extras.

hope this helps i am getting rid of the squirrel now that i have the spider. i sweat like a pig in the summer and need the extra drink holder. Both are top notch and will last for years.

Thanks so much Glass! That does help. What are your (or anyone's) thoughts on the Chimp? How many can it actually hold? How's the storage on it?

Squirrel Monkey has the extra drink holder and the big pocket behind the putter pocket. the putter pocket can hold 2 discs well or three if there is nothing in the pocket behind them. 9 in the main and up to three putters up front. the main pocket behind the putters is bigger than the main pocket on the squirrel.

the Spider Monkey can hold 9 in the main and one putter up front. it has a small pocket on the side big enough to hold an extra towel and some extras.

hope this helps i am getting rid of the Spider now that i have the Squirrel. i sweat like a pig in the summer and need the extra drink holder. Both are top notch and will last for years.

sorry, I had to fix it MrGlass you had the names mixed up ;)

Thanks so much Glass! That does help. What are your (or anyone's) thoughts on the Chimp? How many can it actually hold? How's the storage on it?

Chimp is a great bag - I've carried mine on hundreds of rounds. I carry 12-13 discs usually, but you could probably fit a few more depending on the ratio of drivers/mids/putters. The larger side pocket will hold a thin outer layer, but not quite a hoodie. It will also fit 4 cans of beer.

Chimp is a great bag - I've carried mine on hundreds of rounds. I carry 12-13 discs usually, but you could probably fit a few more depending on the ratio of drivers/mids/putters. The larger side pocket will hold a thin outer layer, but not quite a hoodie. It will also fit 4 cans of beer.

That's a good help, thanks jimbo! Do you use quads or the shoulder strap? I really want a chimp now. I guess I'm just going to have to hunker down for the 18+ week wait. But everyone says it will be worth it. :)

That's a good help, thanks jimbo! Do you use quads or the shoulder strap? I really want a chimp now. I guess I'm just going to have to hunker down for the 18+ week wait. But everyone says it will be worth it. :)
its very worth the wait. the craftsmanship is top notch. you can see how much chris cares with every stitch. you will not be disappointed!!

I had a Squirrel Monkey and I was fitting probably about 6-8 mids/drivers in the main compartment and 2-4 putters in the putter pockets. Solid bag, fo' sho'. :thmbup:

I truly regret selling it and have actually contemplated getting another.

picture.php

Also still diggin' my Silverback...it's taken a *lot* of abuse over *many* rounds and is still like new (going on 3.5 years I think). :cool:

Last edited: