• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

which would you rather see for a black Friday deal?

• free shipping with in the U.S.

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • 13% off

Votes: 31 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
sweet I'm 1065!! with the frigid weather here i won't be playing for some time so i can handle the wait!!

man up....though next Monday....holy brrrr. Might have to call in sick to work...haha.

Can anyone give me an idea of the turn around time an a Simian? And also, can anyone tell me how the storage compares to a grip (A or L)?

I'm sure both have been asked plenty of times, but TIA for the info.

Can anyone give me an idea of the turn around time an a Simian? And also, can anyone tell me how the storage compares to a grip (A or L)?

It seems to be very variable. Mine shipped after about 8 weeks, and arrived quite soon after that. At present though the GB site seems to indicate double the wait time. I assume it's a combination of belated Christmas presents and people ordering in the offseason in hopes of having their bag come spring.

I don't have much experience with a Grip, but the Simian's storage is pretty exceptional: two side pockets that can hold 6-7 discs each, or a bunch of stuff. I've fit a towel, wallet, three 6'' subs, a baseball, insect repellent, and a few other misc. things in a single side pocket without having to cram. There's a nice smaller storage on the top inside of the bag for smaller things too: I keep bag tags, athletic tape, and a flashlight in mine.

I did a video review when I first got mine. Crappy video quality, but it should be informative if you haven't seen it.

Can't say enough good things about this bag. The seat alone distinguishes it, and I don't think that's the only thing that makes it special. Plus, it's handmade in the USA! Go patriotism.

I just bought one about 2 weeeks ago. He doesn't know for sure how long it will take, but the estimate was 18-20 weeks. I am somewhere around 75 on the list, and he said he averages about 4-5 per week. I'm hoping he can step his game up and have mine done by early May. Whenever it's done I'm gnna head up to Standing Rocks and pick it up rather than get it shipped, so I'm saving some $$$ there.

Gorilla boy bags look interesting. The backpack simian is definitely unique. I am interested in learning more but this thread appears a lil bit old when compared to recent dgcr activity. Thoughts??

I don't know what Chris' load is like at the moment, but the great thing about living in Wisconsin is that it takes about a day for it to ship(once he gets it to shipping). As for the bags they're pretty great, Been using my silverback since I think late 09, and it works out great...though I would love to have gotten in on some of the improvements that have been made since. At the same time I like the look of the old camo he couldn't find anymore, and also like the gray accents he used to do.

Anyone with a simian make a metal seat support?
I unfortunately took a knee on mine and POP... Goes the plastic corrugated board.

Gorilla boy bags look interesting. The backpack simian is definitely unique. I am interested in learning more but this thread appears a lil bit old when compared to recent dgcr activity. Thoughts??

Cannot go wrong with Gorilla Boy bags.

They're probably not as "cool" with all the high-priced backpack style bags that have hit the market in recent years, but their durability is unmatched imo.

I've been beating the living hell outta my Silverback since March 2010 and it's almost like new still (I'm VERY rough on gear). I STILL regret getting rid of a Squirrel Monkey when unemployed and hurting for fundage...that bag made the PERFECT glow bag.

I'm personally not a fan of the Simians (or any backpack style bag, for that matter) but I've seen enough of my friends love them to say it's definitely a solid product if that's what you're looking for...

All in all, if you can stand the wait time (I think I waited about six weeks for the Silverback...no wait for the SM) there's not really any better dg bag brand out there. :thmbup:

^I didn't have to wait for my silverback :p.

I should add that having quads really helps(with the silverback) if you actually fill your bag up...even if you only use one arm of it, it doesn't seem to murder my back as much.

Anyone with a simian make a metal seat support?
I unfortunately took a knee on mine and POP... Goes the plastic corrugated board.

its not plastic corrugate its 3/16" tempered hard board, hit me up in a email with your address and I will send you a new board allong with some instructions on how to put it in.

^Another reason why GB is a winner in my book! :cool:

I definitely agree that GB's bags are well made, and clearly he backs up his products. Highly recommended, and well worth the wait.

I have both a Grip and a Simian. I use the Simian for tournament play because of the integrated seat and massive storage for extra layers, rain gear, snacks, and five more drivers. It is less comfortable to carry because the strap design puts more weight on the ball of the shoulder, and there are no pads on the back to minimize contact (which is important when it's wet). The Grip straps and back padding is more like a hiking pack, making it easier to carry, and I use it for casual rounds. The weight difference in negligible.

I definitely agree that GB's bags are well made, and clearly he backs up his products. Highly recommended, and well worth the wait.

I have both a Grip and a Simian. I use the Simian for tournament play because of the integrated seat and massive storage for extra layers, rain gear, snacks, and five more drivers. It is less comfortable to carry because the strap design puts more weight on the ball of the shoulder, and there are no pads on the back to minimize contact (which is important when it's wet). The Grip straps and back padding is more like a hiking pack, making it easier to carry, and I use it for casual rounds. The weight difference in negligible.

I'm a DG bag fiend....GB makes the highest quality bags out there.
I currently rock a spider monkey for my quick and easy rounds, a gateway backpack for most competitive casual rounds and a simian for leagues and tourneys. It may seem like overkill but I can't imagine needing a new bag for the next few years....:|

I actually have a redesign in testing right now for the back padding and the straps which will change everything about the way the Sim carries/feels... so far the initial feed back has been great! :)

I actually have a redesign in testing right now for the back padding and the straps which will change everything about the way the Sim carries/feels... so far the initial feed back has been great! :)

Excellent! Make sure you publicize when they're available. I just might be in the market :D

Before I read this post I was only thinking about being in the market... now I KNOW I'm in the market for one. Any idea how long it might be before these start hitting the market? I understand you take your time to test so you can stand behind products, so it's not like I'm expecting a week or two ha.

Before I read this post I was only thinking about being in the market... now I KNOW I'm in the market for one. Any idea how long it might be before these start hitting the market? I understand you take your time to test so you can stand behind products, so it's not like I'm expecting a week or two ha.

at this point idk when this style will be released, I wanna make sure it fully functions the way I intended it to before I do that. I do know that the price will go up since there is more things to do to make them this way than the current style.