• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

which would you rather see for a black Friday deal?

• free shipping with in the U.S.

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • 13% off

Votes: 31 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just some more pics...

Oh, one more thing I was going to say - everything I saw online said you can only fit 3 discs in the bottom bottom part, but I find that as long as they are drivers, 4 fit easily. Never had any issues with any discs falling out when leaving that part unzipped either.

Also, the top shelf seems to be the smallest by a little bit - It's a tight squeeze to put my 4 mids in the way top, so I moved them to the middle where they fit much nicer.

Attachments

• 0601141729f.jpg
    0601141729f.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 0601141725a.jpg
    0601141725a.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 85
  • 0601141723a.jpg
    0601141723a.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 98
That's the same color I ordered...and it looks sweet! I'm a ways out but my squirrel monkey is handling it just fine for now. Anyone know if I can have a couple patches sewn on if I mail them to Gorilla Boy?

Oh, one more thing I was going to say - everything I saw online said you can only fit 3 discs in the bottom bottom part, but I find that as long as they are drivers, 4 fit easily.

I'd originally thought that, but I've taken to carrying 4 drivers underneath myself. It's snug, but the discs don't seem to be smooshed or anything.

I'm probably beating a dead horse, but what is the average time from purchase to shipping for GB? I'm having flashbacks to my days of buying packs from Kifaru and waiting 3+ months for it to ship.

I'm not looking for anything extreme, just a regular bag.

I'm probably beating a dead horse, but what is the average time from purchase to shipping for GB? I'm having flashbacks to my days of buying packs from Kifaru and waiting 3+ months for it to ship.

the average rough wait right now for a bag is about 22 weeks , give or take.

the average rough wait right now for a bag is about 22 weeks , give or take.

For what it's worth, the wait is totally worth it. I had to wait two months for my Simian last fall, and while it was grueling, especially towards the end, I would have happily waited twice that long or more for the bag that I got. I love the bag, love supporting the little guy, and you can't beat the quality. GB gives you a unique, sturdy bag that you'll love for the long haul. If/when I decide to get a smaller counterpart to my Simian, I'll definitely go GB, no matter the wait.

Here's the (crappy video quality) review I did when I first got it. Only thing I'd add is that you actually can get 4 in the underneath zippered slot if you don't mind them being a bit snug.

As you can see, the main section has three slots which each hold 4 discs comfortably, plus the (easily accessible) pocket underneath that holds another 3-4. So that's 15-16, plus the putter pockets (2) and the side pockets (~6 each comfortably). I go 12 in the main, 4 underneath, 6 in one side pocket, and 2 putters for 24 discs, with the other side pocket for snacks, an extra shirt, etc etc etc.

thanks, the reason i ask, is i was wondering what is the least amount of discs it will hold conveniently

thanks, the reason i ask, is i was wondering what is the least amount of discs it will hold conveniently

12 is the number that comes readily to mind - they'd fill the main compartment snugly. I haven't spent much time with less than 12 in the main compartment, so I don't know if they'd flop around in certain conditions, but I've never noticed such movement when carrying the bag with less than 12 in the main en route to picking up discs. Discs fit snugly enough onto the sides of the main and onto the pockets they sit on that having less than 12 doesn't seem like it'd be a problem. The bag itself is hella light, too, so going minimal with it would be very comfortable. Plus you've got the stool on hand, which is glorious.

I have a question that might sound stupid.

I just got a Simian bag and I know the bag has a pocket designed for holding an umbrella. I looked on the Gorilla Boy website and noticed that the GB umbrella is no longer available. I then looked at different golf umbrellas online and noticed that the size can vary by quite a bit.

Does anyone have a size they would suggest that fits the Simian well? Or does anyone know the size specs of the GB umbrella, so I can just go with that size? Or does this even matter?

Like I said, kind of a dumb question, but I wanted to double check before I spent any money.

^OK update on this post. I found the measurements for the GB umbrella. However, does anyone know if the grip will affect if the umbrella fits in the bag or not?

I don't want to buy an umbrella and have it not fit correctly.

^OK update on this post. I found the measurements for the GB umbrella. However, does anyone know if the grip will affect if the umbrella fits in the bag or not?

The handle is the only part I would worry about not fitting. The velcro straps that hold it in place higher up will be large enough for any umbrella that is similar to the GB one. Just find something that barely fits in that holder and bring it with you when you go get an umbrella.

It's a shame he isn't offering the umbrella anymore though, I got one with my bag and it's bomb. Played Blue Ribbon Pines on saturday in rain/cold/wind and it was great (the umbrella, not the weather ;) )

It's a shame he isn't offering the umbrella anymore though, I got one with my bag and it's bomb. Played Blue Ribbon Pines on saturday in rain/cold/wind and it was great (the umbrella, not the weather ;) )

Agreed. Those double-layered vented umbrellas are sweet. Thanks for the advice!

I used a gustbuster and it fit & worked very well. Just be sure your choice has a straight handle and you should be fine.

I used a gustbuster and it fit & worked very well. Just be sure your choice has a straight handle and you should be fine.

That's perfect. The umbrella I was looking at is supposed to be extremely similar to the gustbuster. And it has a nice UV-reflective silver outer surface to protect me from some of this nasty St. Louis heat. I may look like a turd but come July and August those multi-round tournaments can literally kill a man if you aren't careful.

Also very happy that I can fit a water bladder in this bag for that exact same reason.

The umbrella is called the ProActive SunTek in case anyone else runs into this problem.

Has anyone tried ironing a patch onto the Simian (or anyGB bag)?

I was thinking of ironing my local club patch on but I'm not sure if the iron will melt the fabric or if I should just go get some adhesive from a fabric store/Wal-Mart.

Has anyone tried ironing a patch onto the Simian (or anyGB bag)?

I was thinking of ironing my local club patch on but I'm not sure if the iron will melt the fabric or if I should just go get some adhesive from a fabric store/Wal-Mart.

Not yet....but I have a few patches waiting. Just need to buy an iron now (I know, who doesn't have an iron? :doh:)

I can't imagine that ironing on patches wouldn't work.

Latest posts