• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

which would you rather see for a black Friday deal?

• free shipping with in the U.S.

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • 13% off

Votes: 31 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just curious, but i don't see on their page how much the simian weighs empty. It looks great but i fear the built in stool + extra sturdy construction would make this bag quite heavy.

Just curious, but i don't see on their page how much the simian weighs empty. It looks great but i fear the built in stool + extra sturdy construction would make this bag quite heavy.

It's not overly heavy. It feels no heavier than a Grip from what I can recall.
The bag is actually pretty "airy" despite its appearance. The walls are thin and the team is pretty simplistic so the weight isn't a burden by any means.

The thing you have to consider is whether or not you want a "bulky" bag. While not heavy, the sim does feel pretty expansive on the back. It's a Cadillac bag for sure. I resorted back to a smaller backpack bag bc of its size, but if you're comfortable with a fairly large backpack, there is no better available IMO.

The bag is super light when empty. The frame is just PVC pipe and the fabric used is ultra durable so it's only about a layer thick. Don't let either of those facts deter you from the sturdiness of the bag. This thing isn't falling apart.

The problem comes from the fact that suddenly you will have so much storage that it is easy to overload your bag.

The bag is super light when empty. The frame is just PVC pipe and the fabric used is ultra durable so it's only about a layer thick. Don't let either of those facts deter you from the sturdiness of the bag. This thing isn't falling apart.

The problem comes from the fact that suddenly you will have so much storage that it is easy to overload your bag.

Ditto this. It's probably 3-5 lbs empty - crazy light. The bag does get heavy for me, but only because I load it up with two water bottles, 23+ discs, and all kinds of extras. If you have more discipline than me, you can keep it at a light weight. And because of the compartmentalized storage, it can hold a smaller amount of discs better than most backpack bags - the bag could hold 10 discs as comfortably as 20.

GB said the Simian weighs 5 pounds in an earlier post somewhere in this 3000+ post thread.

for those of you wondering about the GB umbrellas, I do still have some along with a bunch of other things. I have just temporarily pulled them from the site for a while to have on hand for items to sell since I'm preparing to TD the Gorilla Boy Open on July 12th.

After looking around and considering a LOT of bag options, I'm in for a GB Silverback. :thumbup:

Now I just have to wait for 6 months. :coffee:

the average rough wait right now for a bag is about 22 weeks , give or take.

Just curious as I'm trying to avoid the temptation of pressing the button on the site now to pre-order and get the clock going, but there was a mention a few pages back about some potential re-designs in process. With the backup ~5-6 months out if we ordered today would we likely be getting the re-designed bags or will we be getting the current prod model?

Thanks in advance.

Just curious as I'm trying to avoid the temptation of pressing the button on the site now to pre-order and get the clock going, but there was a mention a few pages back about some potential re-designs in process. With the backup ~5-6 months out if we ordered today would we likely be getting the re-designed bags or will we be getting the current prod model?

Thanks in advance.

as of right now I do not have a release date for the redesign. I'm still tinkering with it and having it tested in the field by the team.
the redesign is going to be making the price go up some when the change over happens. at this point once I make the switch I'm thinking I will most likely be making any sim that was order up to that point in the new style regardless of if you paid the old price or the new price.

Does anyone have a pic of the simian next to a more traditional backpack bag like a grip, ergo, etc? I know the measurements but I'm a bit spacially challenged and the visual would be helpful.

as of right now I do not have a release date for the redesign. I'm still tinkering with it and having it tested in the field by the team.
the redesign is going to be making the price go up some when the change over happens. at this point once I make the switch I'm thinking I will most likely be making any sim that was order up to that point in the new style regardless of if you paid the old price or the new price.

I'd be ok with that! :D
Either way I'm excited to be getting such a solid bag this fall. My squirrel monkey is great but more space will be nice.

Does anyone have a pic of the simian next to a more traditional backpack bag like a grip, ergo, etc? I know the measurements but I'm a bit spacially challenged and the visual would be helpful.

I can post one tonight or tom am. Playing with someone with a grip tonight - ill take a pic or two.

Im considering getting one of the smaller bags for casual rounds.

A buddy of mine has my quads and loves them so I am hesitant to ask for them back. For a smaller bag im not sure I really need them. How are the GB single straps?

Thanks for the responses. Makes me seriously think about getting one.

Anyone care to direct me towards the spider or squirrel monkey? Anything different about the 2 besides the drink holders?

I have both. I personally like the Spider Monkey the best. The side storage pocket is nice to keep your keys, phone and canned beverages. The Squirrel Monkey is good if you take two 32 oz drink containers but the behind the putter storage is difficult to use. In my opinion it is build more for storing extra discs then keys and such. When you have non disc stuff in the behind the putter storage it becomes a little tricky to take the putters in and out. Both are great bags, I just prefer the Spider.

I have both. I personally like the Spider Monkey the best. The side storage pocket is nice to keep your keys, phone and canned beverages. The Squirrel Monkey is good if you take two 32 oz drink containers but the behind the putter storage is difficult to use. In my opinion it is build more for storing extra discs then keys and such. When you have non disc stuff in the behind the putter storage it becomes a little tricky to take the putters in and out. Both are great bags, I just prefer the Spider.

That's definitely worth considering. Are the storage compartments the same size, just oriented differently?