• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

If anyone is for sure ordering one of the A Series bags in the DFW area, contact me immediately. It is essential for the backpack video.

Now that this is out there I can probably say a bit about the A-Series

It definitely is a better version of the first Tour bag. The entire staff down here has been chomping at the bits to get one. The colors are great and some of the improvements they made in design and quality are a good step forward.

worth the extra 50 you think?

worth the extra 50 you think?

My thoughts too. I love my Grip and I didn't mind paying $200 for it. But I don't see a reason to pay another $50 for more color, the ability to put a disc in the front flap, and this ability for it to stand better on an incline (which I never had a problem with to begin with...and I play hilly courses).

My thoughts too. I love my Grip and I didn't mind paying $200 for it. But I don't see a reason to pay another $50 for more color, the ability to put a disc in the front flap, and this ability for it to stand better on an incline (which I never had a problem with to begin with...and I play hilly courses).

I have a Simian, and like the article said, all you have to do is put it down with the hill in mind (instead of just throwing it down). If you put either bag down with the long side of the base parallel to the hill it will stand.

Its a better Tour bag

Eventually people won't know it used to cost $200 direct from GripEQ. If you ask me they were charging too little for the bag. It is now set at a price that is healthier for disc golf in general. Customers that were purchasing the old L-Series at a local store were paying $250, so really the price only went up direct from Grip to meet what retailers were charging.

I think it is far superior to the old bag. I had one of the original run of Grip bags, and was pretty upset with the quality of it. Now I get to see the new ones all day at work. I was blown away with how much better the bag is. The quiver pocket is much better in design. The bag sits up much better, not as sloppy looking as some of the old ones. Totally worth it if you want the top of the line disc golf backpack available.

Last edited:
Its a better Tour bag

Eventually people won't know it used to cost $200 direct from GripEQ. If you ask me they were charging too little for the bag. It is now set at a price that is healthier for disc golf in general. Customers that were purchasing the old L-Series at a local store were paying $250, so really the price only went up direct from Grip to meet what retailers were charging.

fair enough, to each their own.

Customers that were purchasing the old L-Series at a local store were paying $250, so really the price only went up direct from Grip to meet what retailers were charging.

Does this mean the local stores will charge $300 for the A-Series now?

I don't doubt that it will be a better bag. Don't get me wrong. I just don't know if it will be $52 better...IMHO

I guess I'm curious about the A-shape stability claim? On a hill, the L-series took angling a certain way to ensure it didn't tip. But it wasn't terribly drastic. Creating the sharper base angle will certainly make it stand up easier on an incline...but only one way. If you turn the bag facing down an incline, it will tip even easier than the L-series. So you still have to make sure you're facing it a certain way anyways? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the design change?

It was a "complaint" for the L-series, but A) I have yet to find a bag that sits on an incline without tipping...it's an incline, people. B) After a few weeks of playing with my L-series, I honestly turned it the way it needed to be without thinking. Just kind of became second nature.

I don't doubt that it will be a better bag. Don't get me wrong. I just don't know if it will be $52 better...IMHO

If the stores make it 300, it will officially be cheaper to get a mahal from mystery ranch.

Yay my L-series is OOP and should increase in value (lol), anyone want a gently used out of production midnite black "L-series" grip bag? Used only 6 rounds!

500$ obo Lol

I believe it will be $252 from all retailers. So the price isn't really changing for everyone else who will have the bag and had the old ones

Latest posts