• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

Its a better Tour bag

Eventually people won't know it used to cost $200 direct from GripEQ. If you ask me they were charging too little for the bag. It is now set at a price that is healthier for disc golf in general.

Sorry dude, nothing healthy about a bag that's more expensive than all the discs it holds combined.

Yay my L-series is OOP and should increase in value (lol), anyone want a gently used out of production midnite black "L-series" grip bag? Used only 6 rounds!

500$ obo Lol

Nice. :hfive:

Let's see, I think I have 20 rounds on mine, so I will drop the sale price of this now OOP Grip bag to say.... $252.00 :p

Kudos to Grip on the new "A" series bags, like the added color options and general design tweaks. Best of luck moving forward, outstanding company with even better customer service. Hats off gang!

Nice. :hfive:

Let's see, I think I have 20 rounds on mine, so I will drop the sale price of this now OOP Grip bag to say.... $252.00 :p

Kudos to Grip on the new "A" series bags, like the added color options and general design tweaks. Best of luck moving forward, outstanding company with even better customer service. Hats off gang!

Should I make the check out to Grip bags and memo it "for the A series?"

The huge grip logo at the top looks awful now. Didn't think they would jack up the price that much, glad I got one of the classics.

My final word in this forum. I wanted this bag, I hate most of the other designs for backpack bags out there (Gorilla Boy does pretty work, so he is excluded) and I assumed people like me would finally be able to ride the Grip train.

They have priced, what I am sure is an awesome bag, even further out of the realm of what I see as sane.

I do not have a dog in this hunt, as I carry a double nutsac and this competes with that in zero ways, and I am sorry if my criticisms rub any Grip fans the wrong way. I am just very disappointed and underwhelmed in a price point that kills my chance at ever buying a Grip bag.

My final word in this forum. I wanted this bag, I hate most of the other designs for backpack bags out there (Gorilla Boy does pretty work, so he is excluded) and I assumed people like me would finally be able to ride the Grip train.

They have priced, what I am sure is an awesome bag, even further out of the realm of what I see as sane.

I do not have a dog in this hunt, as I carry a double nutsac and this competes with that in zero ways, and I am sorry if my criticisms rub any Grip fans the wrong way. I am just very disappointed and underwhelmed in a price point that kills my chance at ever buying a Grip bag.

I couldn't agree more. I hope other companies will be willing to make a great quality bag a little smaller (12-18 discs) at a much lower price point. On the norm, people just can't justify buying a $250 bag.

Sorry dude, nothing healthy about a bag that's more expensive than all the discs it holds combined.

lol. You must not carry many discs, or just really cheap ones. 20 discs x $10 = $200. I don't know about you, but most of my discs cost more than $10.

I don't get why the bag would be more expensive, yet at first glance looks to be made cheeper. The screen printed logos look tacky IMO, and are way too large. Also, I don't see that many improvements made, especially the most annoying thing about grips, getting the discs on the outsides out of the bags, and fitting larger diameter discs somewhere in the bag. I always had a lid in my bag before the grip.

I think ppl are missing the point here. We are talking about the last bag u will ever buy, that price gets u the best designed/looking bag in the game and a lifetime warranty.

Its like getting a toyota or a lexus - a honda or acura - nissan or infiniti

Yeah, this bag will carry plastic just like the rest, but ur sacrificing style, comfort, customer service and resale value.

Get off ur high horse guys, about ur "its too much $"....cry sob.... Think of how u spent 250$ the last month on ish u didnt have to have .....eating out, adult book store stuff, self medication, liquor...ect

I just paid 50$ to ball golf + beer and food, it was like 80$...thats almost half way to a grip bag i spent in one day.

In order for a company to be successful in disc golf is to either sell a ton of cheap items or sell a decent amount of quality items at a higher price!

When the other companys step there game up we can open this "high price" topic back up, but until then im goin with grip.

And if u think other companies have caught up.....ur delusional and u need to keep ur 252$ for meds.

Imho

Last edited:

well, lets see...I have 19 discs in my bag, so that would mean that all of my discs cost less than $11. I can assure you that anyone carrying a grip bag still has more money in discs in the bag than what its worth (assuming normal production runs)

I think ppl are missing the point here. We are talking about the last bag u will ever buy, that price gets u the best designed/looking bag in the game and a lifetime warranty.

Yeah, this bag will carry plastic just like the rest, but ur sacrificing style, comfort, customer service and resale value.

Get off ur high horse guys, about ur "its too much $"....cry sob.... Think of how u spent 250$ the last month on ish u didnt have to have .....eating out, adult book store stuff, self medication, liquor...ect

I just paid 50$ to ball golf + beer and food, it was like 80$...thats almost half way to a grip bag i spent in one day.

In order for a company to be successful in disc golf is to either sell a ton of cheap items or sell a decent amount of quality items at a higher price!

When the other companys step there game up we can open this "high price" topic back up, but until then im goin with grip.

And if u think they have caught up.....ur delusional and u need to keep ur 252$ for meds.

Imho

to each their own, but unless you have been keeping up with all the other companies thoroughly you can't really speak for the other companies.

You said this in a civil manner so please do not interpret my response in any way as trolling you or as me somehow taking a shot at you. This is solely me sharing my overall attitude/opinion about a great deal of life activities/ hobbies and is in no way an attempt to single you out.
Here goes...

It is, and always has been, my opinion that people that complain about the price of their toys are ridiculous. If something that you do for fun is too expensive for you, then you have no business doing it until you increase your income to a point where you can afford to do such things. Boats, motorcycles, jet-skis, clubs, discs, cards, whatever.

If you choose to buy a boat, I expect you to never complain about the price of gas at the marina. :sick: These are all optional purchased toys. It makes a person look both cheap and foolish when they complain about costs incurred with their toys. The simple solution is always work more/better/smarter/harder so that you can afford play the way you want to play.

Grip can make their product whatever price they choose to. It is your responsibility to vote with your dollars. Welcome to capitalism and the greatest damn country in the world!
'Murica!!!

So it's called the A series because it leans forward huh?

I do tire of angling my bag to prevent it from laying back on the straps.

I found a fairly simple addition to my L-bag that helped with the "falling onto straps" issue.

Get a 2" dia foam tube (pipe insulation, etc- $1.50 at Lowes) and lay a segment across the bottom of the main compartment closest to your back.
This keeps the disc weight pushed back toward the opening reducing tendency to fall over.

Ok, but what makes this bag different than any other $50 ogio backpack you use for school besides the design? Nothing. I own an original orange grip and had no problem paying the price for it, but I cannot wait for my new bag to show up so I can sell it asap.

My point was I don't see the justification for the price raise. especially considering at first glance, this new run of bags was even cheeper to manufacture, yet costs more.. Also, I don't get why people get all excited about these "limited" lifetime warranties, when the likely hood these companies are even in business in 5-10 years is....not great. All my opinion of course.

In order for a company to be successful in disc golf is to either sell a ton of cheap items or sell a decent amount quality items at a high price!

And if u think they have caught up.....ur delusional and u need to keep ur 252$ for meds.

Imho

Here is the thing: Grip has been massively successful at their price point thus far. Both serious and casual players have bought their bags, even to the tune of $260 for the special editions that have sold out fast. There is nothing in this marketplace to tell them they need to lower the price. In fact, the market, for the most part, has dictated the opposite. For every person on here complaining about the price, there are two more people out there smiling because a bag will be available for them.

If Grip is worth their market research salt - which by all appearances, they are - they know this bag will sell at this price. Watch and see how fast they sell out, then start talking about them being too expensive.

And I say all this not to defend Grip. I am just speaking from a logical business standpoint here. There are a lot of people who don't buy a Mercedes because they are too expensive, but I still see plenty of them on the road.

So my "Warranty" on my L-series whatever bag... Do I have to play 52$ extra? What exactly does there warranty cover anyways? Ill look you discuss and I shall return!

It's fine for people to think that the price is ridiculous. Like others said, their opinion is voiced by their dollars. But don't come into this thread saying that Grip has no right to charge that much for a bag. If the price was too high Grip would be out of business. People can spend whatever they choose on their disc golf equipment, especially if they believe its the best bag on the market

Latest posts