• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

Showed up today.

20120921_130753_zpscd908818.jpg

20120921_130829_zps294c6230.jpg

Can't wait to get out and use it. I can already tell that its going to be way more comfortable than the traditional bag/backpack straps.

After seeing the color on that Im glad I didnt buy it, I really thought it was gunna be closer to black on black, that looks black on dark dark green to me

After seeing the color on that Im glad I didnt buy it, I really thought it was gunna be closer to black on black, that looks black on dark dark green to me

I'm not entirely sure his camera didn't try to adjust to a middle grey and lighten up all of the darks.

I'm not entirely sure his camera didn't try to adjust to a middle grey and lighten up all of the darks.

Im hoping that that is all it is because that thing looked amazing on the site and here it just looks, ehh

Im hoping that that is all it is because that thing looked amazing on the site and here it just looks, ehh
It's somewhere in between both of these.

I'm pretty sure my camera adjusted for the light, which brought out the gray a lot more, but its definitely not as dark as it appeared to be on the website or in the DD picture posted earlier. I thought it was going to be closer to black on black (definitely thought the embroidery was black), but it's not. However it's still on the darker side overall, especially compared to how the pictures came out. It's a very sharp looking bag.

Recieved my Doss bag over the weekend. I'm happy to say it's not as RED as I thought it might be. It's basically were the grey portions are on the standard bag. However, I was posting this more for the fact that I wanted to report. That there are no stitching issues and the bag stands nice and straight. I know there were some concerns/issues with the current crop of bags, but my last two bags have been just fine. It could be that they have to recallibrate the machines when they change materials? So if this was stopping anyone from buying a bag. I don't think you have to worry......well, maybe :)

It's somewhere in between both of these.

I'm pretty sure my camera adjusted for the light, which brought out the gray a lot more, but its definitely not as dark as it appeared to be on the website or in the DD picture posted earlier. I thought it was going to be closer to black on black (definitely thought the embroidery was black), but it's not. However it's still on the darker side overall, especially compared to how the pictures came out. It's a very sharp looking bag.

Good to know. I think the next time they come up ima get me one.

Well I was about to buy one locally at disc nation but they're selling reg grips for 249.99.

:(

I understand they need to make money off of them but geez, 50 bucks could buy more plastic!

The straps are the only part I worry about wearing out. And I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be covered by the warranty under the "incidental damage" clause. I bet they last about three years before they're thin and worn out. Still worth it to me.

Yeah compared to my internal frame hiking pack these look weak. I know that the load ratings are different, but they still look cheaply built.

Double-layered mesh padding.

Nylon straps reinforce the length of the straps and across the back handle.

Padding is roughly as thick as my two rows of birdie beads side-by-side.

I'm not sure what your standards for quality are, but by mine, they're far from cheaply made.

Attachments

• WP_000801.jpg
    WP_000801.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 62
  • WP_000802.jpg
    WP_000802.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 60
  • WP_000806.jpg
    WP_000806.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 67

The pic doesn't do it justice. Saw it in person this afternoon and it's not green at all so don't have that bias in your mind. Gunmetal is a good descriptor. Really sharp bag. Slimmer profile than I had imagined. Seems to hug your backside (not in a gay way) which should keep the weight close to the body.

Last edited:

Latest posts