• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip vs Mahal

Booter said:
Hahaha I wish this frickn phone had spell check

I keep imagining you have sausage fingers like these:

sausage_fingers.jpg

Booter said:
Jeronimo said:
Booter said:
Unless ubolan on keeping the side compartments fully expanded the fram wouldnt work for the side. And the frame for tye center isnt because its not stable. Its for the bottom. The bottom has no structurr so it sags and im not too fond of that. Thats what the frame would be for

Booter, we've all been talking ...and we think it's time you put down the 40. This is your intervention.
Hahaha I wish this frickn phone had spell check

Maybe you just need to learn how to spell

I disagree with your classification of me as a "fuckn[sic] fucker" you cat-raping feltching enthusiast.

I like where this thread is going. Hoping sausage fingers and flamboyant boy never make up...

got my frame trimmed and assembled tonight. pics

following chris' design on the gb bags and emillers specs on pipe size and plugs i just modified mine to fit my mahal. trimmed the side panels low and fit it in there nice n snug. pipe is about 8.25'' long . probably can go 8.5 but this works fine. nice and snug with no movement,the discs sit a little higher and dont sag out the bottom as you can se in the last pic. works good. thanks emiller for those measurements!

I'm thinking a frame will cause more wear than having nothing at all. Revo Carolinas have this happen because of the pressure points on the bottom. I don't mind the sagging.

I doubt that frame will do much, especially with only 12-14 discs in it. My Chimp's frame has done virtually nothing to the bottom of my bag after 100+ rounds. The Revo frame is a lot sharper edged and carries more weight since it fits more discs.

Just ordered my Mahal, in ACU, apparently they only made 4 in that color this year. Pays to call and ask I guess. Can whoever made that internal frame send me the specs? Thanks

Just sold my Mahal. I bought it and used it for a few rounds but gave up on it and returned to my Revolution bag. I offered it for sale at $20 less than I paid for it and sold it in 10 minutes (at Am Nats, there were lots of potential buyers). Maybe I should have offered it at $20 more than I paid for it??

Now I am considering trying a Grip Bag. It may be worth a few bucks to try it out.

Oh, and I just bought a used cart. Like all bag options, it ain't perfect, even caddies have their drawbacks.

Mark Ellis said:
Just sold my Mahal. I bought it and used it for a few rounds but gave up on it and returned to my Revolution bag. I offered it for sale at $20 less than I paid for it and sold it in 10 minutes (at Am Nats, there were lots of potential buyers). Maybe I should have offered it at $20 more than I paid for it??

Now I am considering trying a Grip Bag. It may be worth a few bucks to try it out.

Oh, and I just bought a used cart. Like all bag options, it ain't perfect, even caddies have their drawbacks.

It was friendly of you to sell a limited run product for less than you bought it for, I'm guessing you could've gotten the 20$ extra easily :)

Mark Ellis said:

Why didn't you like it? I was really considering giving up my Kong for this bag.

Mark Ellis said:

I will sell you mine once I get it. Expect a PM in about 6-8 months.

Sean40474 said:
Mark Ellis said:

Why didn't you like it? I was really considering giving up my Kong for this bag.

It wasn't that I didn't like it, I just didn't like it as well as the Revo. I gave a review of my impressions on page 15 of this thread.

Wow, I must brain dead. I forgot I replied after your review. In my defense, I've been high on NyQuil because of a bug I caught over the weekend. My temp has been about 102 off and on for about two days....apologies for the redundancy.

I have had my mahul over a year now, and love it nothing has went wrong with it no signs of wear, I kinda want a grip bag too now, but I deffinitly don't need one