• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

"Happy Endings" controversy

I played that hesitantly, ready to groan but was pleasantly surprised. Not too bad for a couple of world champ frolfers.

I don't want to see the episode, the series, ABC, their replies or the Facebook fiasco, but the reply from Val and Nate was classic. :D I'm going back to fill a glass of water.

out of context, nate and val's reply means nothing. it can't be classic, unless you juxtapose it against something else. unless you believe classic things can stand alone on their own merit. i bet non-disc golfers love this video.

It is a classic against the backdrop of this thread. And in itself as it is. The video is not in any way restricted from being a classic no matter what self imposed restrictions you place upon it. Bah. i reject your artificial and irrelevant boxing attempt. The video does not suite your classification it goes beyond you and your understanding apparently. That's all i'm gonna say about that.

Jsun is correct Jr sir.

If you havent seen the original apology then you really can't call the reply a classic.

you sound like Alan from the hangover. "driving drunk!! CLASSIC!!"

jacked from DGCR.

trekkie.jpg

It is funny, most of us who play disc golf have never heard of this show, partly because we're out playing as much as possible. I certainly haven't, as nothing worth my time has been produced on network TV in many decades. Heck, even my 16-yr-old stepdaughter and her friends, who are completely immersed in pop culture, had never heard of this show.

I would also venture to say that the people who are interested in garbage TV are not the ideal target audience for disc golf publicity, and I'm not sure why the PDGA even bothers with them. You'd get better exposure having a disc golf reference in a Broadway play.

Disc golfers acting like they're too classy is almost as funny as disc golfers' righteous indignation.

Still not the slightest sense of humor about this. Impressive, disc golfers.

Nobody could accuse JHern of acting too classy:
http://www.pdga.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=1462542&post=1462542

Too ignorant, boastful, and/or condescending, maybe, but too classy, never!

Leopard said:
Disc golfers acting like they're too classy is almost as funny as disc golfers' righteous indignation.

Agreed. If only I had a thousand faces and a thousand palms…

veganray said:
Leopard said:

Agreed. If only I had a thousand faces and a thousand palms…

a thousand cums shots coming from a thousand handjobs.

TOURNEYPLAYER said:
Jsun is correct Jr sir.

If you havent seen the original apology then you really can't call the reply a classic.

you sound like Alan from the hangover. "driving drunk!! CLASSIC!!"

I don't want to see it, because i'm sure it would be a letdown after reading this thread. You guys are way funnier than TV. A case of reality trumping fiction. In it's own merit the reply is classic as long as you know it is to a TV show period. No need for all the drama in between. Go Val and Nate!!!

Latest posts