• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Harp - Kannel

How far are you guys driving these?

Haven't gotten my VIP in the mail yet, but I was driving 280' holes with my BT Hard. And for reference, I throw my truths out to about 315'. Note that these are typical disc golf throws on the course, and not grip and rip at 100% throws.

I agree with one of the previous responses. It's not a disc made for distance. I purposely got the disc to be a slow approach disc that happens to be very overstable so I can forehand around obstacles/trees. I just received a BT Medium, and it is awesome, perfect plastic for the winter, very similar to prodigy 300. Which are what my other putters are. It's a perfect short-game lin-up I'm baggin' and I dig it. The Harp is what I wanted in an OS Putter, I will likely use these for a looong time. They're sweet.

How far are you guys driving these?
I agree with everyone else that the Harp is more of a utility/line shaper, but typical of most trilogy offerings it can actually be driven surprisingly far for such an OS disc. I use a pretty beat soft Harp as a driving putter when I need something that will have no high speed turn and will finish with a penetrating fade, but most of the time I'm using my Harps for skips, spike hyzers, tight flex shots, and doglegs.

I throw my BT soft about 275 maybe a bit over on a good rip. It looks like hell, but hasn't lost much stability. I can't wait for the Vip.

First round with my VIP. This thing is sloooooooooow. And very overstable. It's doing just what I want for that slot.

I have a couple rounds on a bt medium now. I love the plastic. Its much more workable than the zone and stable enough for my needs. I forhand approach mercys a lot and the harp (I got lightly used) is a better compliment than the zone. The shots the zone did that the harp struggles with are easily done with a powered down driver, especially if the xxx stays in the bag.

Anybody putt with these, and have opinions on this? And for those that have had the opportunity to put with a lot of different types of molds, how does the harp compare to other popular putters, maybe such as the PA1. I've been using my BT hard harp more and more in the place of my pures for drives and upshots, and got me wondering if anyone uses the harp for actually putting as well. Also, came across a guy at my last tourney who carries 5 harps and putts exclusively with them. He was a spin putter though, and I'm more of a push putter... So does anyone push putt with these too?

I got a Tournament Harp because my soft was getting beat. Was hoping to get the same thing just more durable. This isn't it. They don't feel the same in my hand. It isn't just the feel of the plastic. The tourney has a dome that makes it feel deeper and I keep locking it and releasing to the right. When I throw lighter and get a clean release it's flight is pretty close to the soft. But long throws are totally different. Tourney has glide. Isn't as beefy. Not what I am looking for in that slot. I'm going to try putting some heat and weight on it to make it flat and see what happens.

I can really get on a flick with my hard harp and love how they want to find the ground and spike. Mine doesn't get a lot of play but I don't have to worry about overshooting the basket very often. It looks like a similar blend to my first run blue judges but its beating in to a puddle top similar to my seasoned pro-d zones except its maintaining its stability much better than my d zone. Its ugly but still keeps the glide to a minimum which is what I'm looking for so I haven't replaced it... yet.

Dyemax. Now that I think about it... I wonder if the dye affects flight? I wouldn't think so since the top feels exactly the same as the bottom.

Anybody putt with these, and have opinions on this? . . . I'm more of a push putter... So does anyone push putt with these too?

I also push putt. Clutch is my main putter, but I use a medium Harp for strong headwinds and to bend around obstacles. Inside 25-30' I don't notice much of a difference from the Clutch. On longer putts I give the Harp a little more anny to keep it straight.

Definitely digging the Harp for FH approaches and BH's that need to bend around obstacles.

Where did you get a TP Harp?

Go on DD and check out the Dyemax...

And as for the dome, I hear the dyemax tends to give that little extra dome. McCabe did an in the bag for a couple girls and one carried a TP Harp with no stamp and looked flat from what I could tell. McCabe also said he found them to be more OS if I remember correctly...

Nope. The tourney is definitely domey, glidier and less stable. Or it was. It is cooling off under a weight right now. Hoping to make it concave and see what happens.