• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Harp - Kannel

Just watched the John E McCray in the bag and he said his beefier Harp is his Deco Dye. Maybe you just got a freak?

Is this his December in the bag? Because he only had one medium harp for putting. He had a team stamped shield that he said was very OS...unless he got out his new January in the bag already...if so, where

I managed to get it a little concave like my soft. We shall see. It definitely wasnt as beefy off the shelf though. Wouldnt fade as hard or fight out of an anny as much. Or hide my bad throws as well.

Much to my surprise, I find myself switching to the Medium/Hard Harp as my putting putter. I was putting with a Gravity Clutch but odd circumstances (a windy tournament followed by a two-disc ice bowl) led to a lot of putting with the Harp. Given a chance, the Harp earned its promotion.

I have not used an OS putting putter for years, but the Harp's stability, clean release, and imperviousness to wind inspire a lot of confidence. The Harp stays nice and straight with a little anny on push putts and jump putts. The main thing I like about the Harp as a putter is its predictable drop rate. With the Clutch, sometimes it would get floaty on me and I would have a hard time dialing in my high-low aiming point. No such difficulties with the Harp.

I do need a straight approach putter to pair with the Harp, so I am testing the Atom and Envy as replacements for my Icon Clutch. I would love to carry just two putters, but may end up keeping three.

I can really get on a flick with my hard harp and love how they want to find the ground and spike....

I just picked up a Hard Harp and it is absolutely great for flick approaches. It has all but kicked the Dx Gator out of the bag. I'll still keep the glow Gator in the bag for one that I can really mash on FH, but the Hard Harp is going to take on most of the FH approach duties now. I can't get over how board flat and stiff these things are. As an added bonus, you also get a great putter inside the circle for windy days. It also feels really, really nice in the hand for hard-ish straight to fade shots that I can throw with confidence in just about any conditions. This paired with an Envy is suiting me great right now.

I just picked up a Hard Harp and it is absolutely great for flick approaches. It has all but kicked the Dx Gator out of the bag. I'll still keep the glow Gator in the bag for one that I can really mash on FH, but the Hard Harp is going to take on most of the FH approach duties now. I can't get over how board flat and stiff these things are. As an added bonus, you also get a great putter inside the circle for windy days. It also feels really, really nice in the hand for hard-ish straight to fade shots that I can throw with confidence in just about any conditions. This paired with an Envy is suiting me great right now.

I agree with the Hard Harp being perfect for flick approach shots (most approach shots, really) and windy putting duties. I am loving this disc, and I find myself reaching for it all the time.

I think I might take the VIP out of my bag and replace it with my hard Harp.

Initially I wanted the VIP for big skips, but recently I've been discing up to an FD/FD2 if I REALLY need a short range skip. I like the feel and stiffness of the hard, it's still got some decent skip, and it makes a great compliment to my soft Harp.

Got a medium, want to pick up a hard, any difference in flight between the two?

I only have a sample size of 3 hards, 3 mediums, 1 soft, and 1 VIP...so take from this what you will.

From my experience, the hards are just the slightest less OS than the mediums. On top of that, the hards will break in to be much straighter flyers than the other plastics. I have a hard that has beaten in and holds a nice anny line. While my beat medium still wants to fade out sooner. Hards are the do all disc for me. I have one that holds straight/anny and one that is straight to fade. Then I have the medium for more OS upshots I want to stick more, and a VIP for big OS shots with skip generally. I also put exclusively with the hard. In order of stability, i would probably have to say hard < medium = soft < vip. Hards just hold a straighter line farther for me. And, just to reference...I'm throwing my harps out to about 265' on the course.

That's good stuff Hoss. I "discovered" the Harp when I found a medium in a lake at Selah with no name or number. Started throwing it around and I was hooked instantly. The way the Bt plastic beats in is a thing of beauty. It seems the uglier they get the better they fly (within reason of course).

harp

I have been putting/driving exclusively with the harp since bt soft was the only option. Tried every plastic since then, can't putt with soft. Mediums do season to a straight flight. But they get pretty lumped up on top making thumb position difficult. With the premo plastic it seems they mold up a little domey?/ not quiet flat. I was almost disappointed, but Hot water massage really made them feel like a harp again. Been using a dyemax tp exclusively for every putt recently. They season a lot like the mediums without the lumps. I can go on forever. Pm me.

Zone / Harp / Envy...

Question for those of you who have thrown an ESP Zone, Envy and Soft Harp. It sounds like the Harp's stability is somewhere between the Zone and Envy. Where exactly would you say it sits? Right between them? Closer to the Zone?

Basically I want less skip on my overstable approaches and was thinking about a soft Harp in place of my Zone. I don't mind a tick less OS than the Zone as long as it's not going to overlap too heavily with my Envy.

Flies great. Fixed the grip feel. And saved a lot of tree bark. Meaning it goes straight for a little bit longer. But these things have a lot of stability to spare.

Question for those of you who have thrown an ESP Zone, Envy and Soft Harp. It sounds like the Harp's stability is somewhere between the Zone and Envy. Where exactly would you say it sits? Right between them? Closer to the Zone?

Basically I want less skip on my overstable approaches and was thinking about a soft Harp in place of my Zone. I don't mind a tick less OS than the Zone as long as it's not going to overlap too heavily with my Envy.

I have not thrown a Zone but I carry a
Bt Hard Harp and a P Envy as my primary approach discs inside 200 ft. They do not overlap the Harp
is way more OS than the Envy. I would guess that the Harp is closer to the Zone in stability rather than right in between. For approaches you might want to check out a med or hard Harp. It does not skip much unless you make it skip. The medium will be much more durable than the soft.

Cool. I checked Inbounds and they actually have it as a tiny bit *more* OS than the Zone, though it sounded from this thread like that is not really the case. Interestingly, they had it with the same LSS but with a touch of negative high speed turn, which I don't really get. I mean wouldn't negative high speed turn just mean LSS that kicks in earlier than most discs?

Either way I'm going to give it a go. I think I have to try soft though, because I love the feel of my soft Swan and Spike so much. Sounded like the soft Harp will get chewed up fast but still fly OS. If I like it and it beats in too fast I'll pick up something harder.