• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Harp - Kannel

Just picked up a bt hard. What do I expect?

Plastic is super stiff and the profile feels awesome. I'm worried for the lives of my suspects, truly worried... And I have so many suspects, possibly a dozen! Yikes

I find the Harp to be workable up to 275, and reliable in all winds. It has a great profile to forehand as well.

BT hard will show scuffs the most easily but won't clover like a BT soft. It retains stability long after it looks beat in and while it wil skip some it won't skip like a VIP or TP. I don't carry mine right now, but if I retire any of my other Harps its next in line. I can probably throw it or the VIP the farthest.

After a little over a year I'm still sold on the hard harp. I'm on my second hard after the first eventually beat into a straight flier and started overlapping my daggers. When it no longer hyzered out into a light headwind I put a fresh back in the bag and problem solved. Best short range flick disc I've found and full power shots still hold a predictable hyzer into a cross of heady. Flies like a shorter BuzzzOS to me but in a stiff grippy baseline. Highly recommended.

my first harp was a soft bc that was the only plastic option.must be at least a year and a half old, it is still very stable. they dont season well imo. they get lumps and creases on the flight plate affecting thumb feel. all of the bt plastics do this unfortunately.the bt soft seems to retain its high speed stability better than the bt hard and medium. both of which develop some turn,after the fade has been depleted. i have retired quite a few bt harps simply bc i couldn't get a good thumb feel from it. if you dont know about the magic of a well seasoned overstable disc....then you dont know.;)

the vip are not as stable out of the box and i have not seasoned one. but they skip/slide more if that makes any sense. as in they do not hit and stick. no flaring skips.

i grabbed a tourny the second i heard about them being available through dyemax exclusively with the intent of abusing it. i feel like i have had this thing for quite a while. at least this entire summer at 2-4rounds/days a week. it turns over/flips up on a forehand retained its healthy fade, back hand it is still very stable but so much more workable. fades flat and forward now. idk how to explain it....you should know.lol oh and no lumps on the shoulders.

and comparing the zone to the harp. the harp is a putter and the zone is a midrange.both are fantastically overstable know what i mean? i would put them in the same stability range.

could someone compare with the kataplast bergs please?

Threw my BT Hard I got on a whim, pretty much to compare to the zone and suspect. Definitely more stable than the suspect. Flew like the zone, but maybe faster.

Really nice disc, it's like a deeper suspect with more lbs or beef. Will flex out of any anny. That BT hard plastic is fantastic (is it that exact same as dd's Classic?)

I actually liked using it as a fast os putter. It reminded me of both the suspect and judge at times, like a crazy hybrid. Thumbs up on the harp as a putter :p

I putt with a Harp sometimes, I actually carry a VIP for throws (more OS) and especially for short forehand shots. But the BT hard is great as a putter. Love the harp - I'm still looking for a Gray BT hard harp ;) if anyone has one

I received a VIP Harp in a players pack and it has been my OS utility/FH putter since. I have an S-Line P2 for OS upshots but feel like I can throw the Harp a bit faster and trust it a bit more in the wind. Also easy to FH since it is super flat. Don't know if I am missing something not trying out a Zone or Gator but this does what I need for now.

The only thing that I think a Zone does better than the Harp is give you the ability to REALLY rip on it and still have a strong fade at the end. Sometimes the Harp will just hold that laser beam line and give a moderate fade, where I would really hope for something a little more aggressive. Otherwise I feel like the Harp is pretty much like a Zone, but is better at shaping lines and powering down. Also makes for a better putter. YMMV.

The only thing that I think a Zone does better than the Harp is give you the ability to REALLY rip on it and still have a strong fade at the end. Sometimes the Harp will just hold that laser beam line and give a moderate fade, where I would really hope for something a little more aggressive. Otherwise I feel like the Harp is pretty much like a Zone, but is better at shaping lines and powering down. Also makes for a better putter. YMMV.

100% agree

But I prefer the Harp. I used a zone for some years, nice disc, but is less usable in most situations than the harp, I think, plus the plastic in VIP TP and BT are just better than Discraft plastic, UNLESS you get one of those Ledgestone zones, those are sweet.
still like the harp tho

I received a VIP Harp in a players pack and it has been my OS utility/FH putter since. I have an S-Line P2 for OS upshots but feel like I can throw the Harp a bit faster and trust it a bit more in the wind. Also easy to FH since it is super flat. Don't know if I am missing something not trying out a Zone or Gator but this does what I need for now.

How do these FH compared to a Zone? I have a puddle top ESP Zone and its a FH workhorse in the woods especially. Im looking to replace it soon as finding the right zone isnt always easy. Similar grips? Similar flight?

How do these FH compared to a Zone? I have a puddle top ESP Zone and its a FH workhorse in the woods especially. Im looking to replace it soon as finding the right zone isnt always easy. Similar grips? Similar flight?
The Harp tick slower and less of an aggressive fade than a Zone. Also they're both low profile discs, but the Zone is beadless whereas the Harp has a fairly prominent bead. The Harp is still going to be workable on FH lines, but won't be as forgiving as the Zone if you put too much on it.

TBH if I need a tight "Zone" s-curve, I'm discing up and powering down on an FD2 instead of reaching for the Harp. Harp for me is drives, upshots, longer s-curve shots, and windy day putts.

Hm... sounds like Id have reason to potentially have both. I dont really like the zone bh drives. I use it for windy upshots and fh flex shots and fh annys that pan out. anything up to 150ft. anything more and i will disc up to a trident or a xxx depending on the lines i need to hit.

right now my driving putter is a bt hard shield, but i need something more os off the tee. Heck, I'll just go pick up a Harp

I also love that my harps are more workable than a Zone (I threw flat/concave esp zones for a long time). The harp also sits better. If I want a skip or something to dump harder than a harp, a xxx or verdict work out great. (verdict only cause its powered down, its definitely less overstable).

I do not miss my zones at all. I throw BT Med harps. I have a vip, but never bag it, a freshish Med does it all, and my beat in one to compliment.

Snagged some bt hard harps recently. Loving this mold! Honestly it may be taking a stab at my envies. Hoping the vip is a tick more beefy. Never expected something to make my envies tremble, but the harp is doing it.

I'm a big fan of the harp. I carry bt mediums and love how they fly. Only been in the bag for a couple of months but it's already indispensable. I use it for lots of approach shots FH and BH as it gives me a lot of confidence in controlling it's range and how it sits. Overstable and predictable, but not so much that it's unworkable. I even throw a lot of anny flex approaches with it because it's a very consistent flyer, and it really doesn't skip or roll much. Seems to have more glide in it's fade, not nearly as much of a dumpy finish as a zone or justice. Fits perfectly for what I want to use it for.

Harp kicked the Envy out of my bag, and I never thought that would happen...

Max weight vip is a total beefcake. Love it for those hooky upshots where I need that strong finish.

172 TP is a slice of heaven (this is the one that replaced my seasoned Envy - it flies almost the exact same lines).

I also have BT Med & Soft that I use for dangerous or tricky approaches where I need to hit n stick.

yeah harps are getting close to knocking the envy out. but i know the envy so well it would be a shame to drop them all together. so I'm gonna roll bt hard and vip harp see how that works. my bagged envy has some miles on it and the fade isn't as pronounced its just straight straight with a baby fade not. the hard harp reminds me of a fresh envy especially after a few hard tree hits with the harp. great great mold!

I really loved the Harp (and still do), but have gone back to Zones, just because they feel better in my hand. With the release of the Soft Zone, it filled a gap that the Harp was able to cover in my bag, which was that hit and stick (or more accurately, not skip as hard). As a bonus, the Soft Zones fly less stable than the ESP, which make them ideal as a driving putter. That said, the Harp is a great disc and I still wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking to fill that OS putter role.

It'll be interesting to see if the DD Marshal bumps anyone's Harps out of the bag. I got a couple of them this week and they're very Envy-like; a good slightly OS driving putter.

I really loved the Harp (and still do), but have gone back to Zones, just because they feel better in my hand. With the release of the Soft Zone, it filled a gap that the Harp was able to cover in my bag, which was that hit and stick (or more accurately, not skip as hard). As a bonus, the Soft Zones fly less stable than the ESP, which make them ideal as a driving putter. That said, the Harp is a great disc and I still wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking to fill that OS putter role.

It'll be interesting to see if the DD Marshal bumps anyone's Harps out of the bag. I got a couple of them this week and they're very Envy-like; a good slightly OS driving putter.
You might try out a pro d zone also.
I have one that flies more like a wasp.
My x zones are more stable

The Harp has really become a magical disc for me as my game has developed. Its also the first disc in the trilogy lineup that I've felt comfortable and consistent in cycling multiple harps in my bag. Always at least 2, usually three. I've felt most comfortable with medium, hard, and vip harps. I'm not a fan of floppy discs. In terms of cycling, it reminds me of what I used to do with kc rocs when I still threw them. The great thing about the BT plastic is it starts out quite OS, then breaks in just like a Roc. I can use a harp for every putter upshot there is. I can throw turn overs that hold. Turn overs that come out, straight shots, slightly stable shots, and the VIP is reserved for meat hook shots. The VIP holds its stability for quite a long time also which is nice. Its also so versatile, its been the first putter I've felt good forehanding for my approaches. I LOVE THE HARP!