• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Harp - Kannel

I keep two Harps in the bag at all times for this.

Either a VIP or TP to drive with or if I need some skip and a BT soft to hit and stick.

Both of by BTS Harps look like junk but are plenty stable still. And I love a good OS disc.

Max weight VIP Harp for beef - it stays that way for aloooong time. Medium or Hard beats into a great straight flying approach disc, and wind putter. TP is the tweener - it will beat in slightly to a nice straight shooter with dependable fade. Soft keeps it's beef like the VIP.

I typically pair a VIP and either a med/soft BT. VIP for drives and curved upshots. BT for straight upshots and wind putting.

So I went to Marshall Street and played Maple Hill today, and got my Harp. Grabbed a bunch of the plastic types and asked the guy to tell me what to get, and he said that he never liked soft plastic until he threw this thing, and now he can't imagine playing without it. So I got suckered in and got a BT Soft harp, rather than the Hard/VIP I was gonna get. Threw it at Maple and absolutely loved it...So thanks for the help guys haha.

Glad you like it, I am a big fan. Actually did an all Harp round today.

Glad you like it, I am a big fan. Actually did an all Harp round today.

It was just funny to me since I was so against the feel of the Soft plastic, and after being told by 5+ people that it was the way to go, and I'll learn to love it, It was finally the guy at the shop that convinced me away from the VIP/TP/BTH.

What do you all like about the harp more than the zone? I like the feel of the zone much better for FH than the harp. Comparing VIP to Z or ESP that is. I like the hard and soft better as they seem to mold up a bit shallower

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

What do you all like about the harp more than the zone? I like the feel of the zone much better for FH than the harp. Comparing VIP to Z or ESP that is. I like the hard and soft better as they seem to mold up a bit shallower

I honestly just don't like Discraft's Plastics at all. All their baselines are too soft for my taste, and I don't like any of their premium plastics at all.

But I also am really comfortable forehanding most types of discs, so I could understand why the shallower disc attracts people looking for a FH approach disc. The zone is also more of a meathook than I wanted. The Harp is more workable. As a few on here said when I mentioned I was looking for a disc to try, they're different discs that can definitely be used in the same bag, though there is some overlap.

Personally plastic doesnt matter for comparing the two. The feel is similar the zone is a hair more shallow. Both are flat and fairly shallow compared to standard putters. But what i cared about when deciding between the two was the flight. I threw an esp zone and bt hard and vip harp. They are both similarly overstable. But show it differently because of the speed. The harp is a bit slower so it wouldnt fade as far as the harp would for me and neither would turn over but if given anny the harp would hold for a bit where zone immediately flexed out. I ended up liking the harp because i could get it to fly and hold lines and i could use it as a workable very overstable putter where the zone was just glideless and i couldnt do anything but fading shots, flex shots were hard because they wouldnt even hold anny where my harp i could get some movement left before fading hard right on a forehand.

I got a bt hard harp that ricky signed in my bag its starting to get beat enough that i can flip it up a hair and i can use it for straight shots and slow turnovers

man the bt hard harp is quickly becoming my favorite disc. so many saves from this disc. it is just what my bag needed. Im still flirting with the vip as well but the bt hard is what gets pulled most of the time. i love the baby anny flex lines this mold pulls off. this single disc has made me look like i know how to play this game in recent weeks.

I played my first round with my BT Hard Harp. I threw it both backhand and forehand for approaches and it is fast becomming a favorite for those shots. It did save me a couple of strokes today. I am seriously impressed with the versatility it got for being such a overstable disc as it is. Even though when I were out doing some fieldwork with it in 20-25mph winds it did seem to go anny for most of the flight before slowing down and just do a slight dump to the left rhbh throws.

Yeah, I've pretty much given up hope of getting a BT run of bards in the US

Really you should blame Dynamic Disc since they are the North American distributor. If they told Westside they need a bunch of BT Bards (which are produced as we know), Westside would probably deliver.

Really you should blame Dynamic Disc since they are the North American distributor. If they told Westside they need a bunch of BT Bards (which are produced as we know), Westside would probably deliver.

Unfortunately those BT Bards are not even available in Europe. Not even the finnish online stores have them. As far as I know they are only sold in physical stores in Finland.
But of course you are right - we need to ask our distributors, shops and Westside to release them everywhere. I will write an email to Westside now.

BT Bards(soft, hard, whatever) need to be a thing.

But the Harp is one of their bestsellers by far, and with Ricky killing it with them will only be more so. It should be in any plastic they can make.

I know I'd have use of a megasoft harp. But with how much I suck lately it might just be me that needs a short range hyzer disc that will stick when it hits the ground.

Holy hell, how hard can it be for Westside to ask Lat64 to run discs that not only make sense, but are actively asked for, again, and again. How fast did that limited run of BT Bards sell out?

Hello?!