• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Heavier F7 or Lighter F5?

mrtho

Par Member
I have a 168g F7 that is getting too flippy for me. I can hyzer flip it but the thing still wants to fade too far to the right even after i flip it. I also have a 168 F5 but I cannot begin to flip it and it has a really hard fade left at the end. (For those who dont know the discs a F7 is pretty much a Leopard and a F7 is close to a Valkerie). I need something that will end up on a straighter line would you grab a max weight F7 or something like a 155g F5 (assuming i find one)?

Im leaning twards a lighter F5 so that it will flip and that huge fade will be more forward but interested in others opinions.

BTW both are 400g plastic.

I have a 168g F7 that is getting too flippy for me. I can hyzer flip it but the thing still wants to fade too far to the right even after i flip it. I also have a 168 F5 but I cannot begin to flip it and it has a really hard fade left at the end. (For those who dont know the discs a F7 is pretty much a Leopard and a F7 is close to a Valkerie). I need something that will end up on a straighter line would you grab a max weight F7 or something like a 155g F5 (assuming i find one)?

Im leaning twards a lighter F5 so that it will flip and that huge fade will be more forward but interested in others opinions.

BTW both are 400g plastic.

My answer would be to keep using that F5 you already have, and maybe get a bit lighter one when one presents itself. The one you have will start seasoning in and working better for you.

Try a few F5's and F7's - they vary - I've had F5's that were FLIP CITY and others that are nice and stable - so it all depends - I'd say try a different f5 --- though I have an F7 that kinda fits your description its a beefy F7 at 176g - so if you find the right F7 it may be nice