• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help me fill the gaps

Cudd

I just started playing this year in April and I might be able to throw 300ft on a good day.

Do I need a fairway driver? Am I missing something obvious? ANy suggestions would help.

Putter
R-Pro Dart

Mids
2- DX Rocs Just getting worn.

Drivers
Star Valkyrie
Pro Valkyrie- I can get this to cruise.
Star Firebird
Champ Roadrunner- well used.

Stuff that is not in my bag.

Champ Glow Destroyer- I figured out early on I could not throw this.
DX Destroyer- beat to death in the woods.
DX Skeeter
DX first run Skeeter
Special Blend Orc- fished out of a lake.
DX Birdie- this was just a mistake to purchase.
Dragon

those discs sorta cover everything. you might want to try something like an eagle or a teebird. wont be quite as beefy as the FB for you. even a gazelle would work. make sure to get DX as well. I would say get an Aviar or Wizard to putt with, but if you dig the Dart don't change it

if you want to build your technique and learn flight manipulation then yeah you should start working with a fairway driver such as a gazelle or cyclone.

Triplebogey said:
Dittos to what has been said. You need the get a: Cyclone, Gazelle, XL, Teebird, Leopard, or Eagle
I would leave the Teebird off this list and maybe the Eagle if it is the X mold... they both have high power requirements. On the other hand, Eagle L would actually be a really good reccommendation.

Yes the Firebird has a higher power requirement... BUT... the reason it is in the bag is for overstable duties. If you fail to meet the power requirement on a Firebird you probably won't notice much of a difference, the Firebird will just be more Firebirdey. If you fail to meet the power requirement of a TB or EX then you will not get a flightpath anywhere close to the designed path.

Looking at it from a different perspective, you can read all day long about how TBs are super straight. If you fail to meet the power requirement then it will not be straight at all. Then the thrower starts wondering why it doesn't go straight. He messes with his form by adding OAT to get the TB to fly straight. and then the OAT monster takes over and you end up in a bad place, especially if you want to take DG "seriously".

marmoset said:
Looking at it from a different perspective, you can read all day long about how TBs are super straight. If you fail to meet the power requirement then it will not be straight at all. Then the thrower starts wondering why it doesn't go straight. He messes with his form by adding OAT to get the TB to fly straight. and then the OAT monster takes over and you end up in a bad place, especially if you want to take DG "seriously".

If this is what Cud ends up doing then you're right, but if he just accepts that the TB and EX are going to fly overstable at his power level, and just aims further to the right. I don't see much of a problem. The Leopard is the best choice for almost all beginers though.

I use the Firebird in high head wind situations. Otherwise it turns left a lot.

I got a Champ Eagle in trade the other day and I am not happy with my ability to power it. So I will be moving to something easier soon.

Bag as it is now.

Putter
R-Pro Dart

Mids
Dx Roc Beat
Kx Pro Roc straight
Dx Roc New

Fairway Drivers
150 Leopard -Rollers, soon to be replaced by something heavier. its always a roller.
Champ Eagle- It learned to fly
Star TL- Soon to be replaced by a beat eagle. This was a found disc that was given a try.

Drivers
Star Valkyrie
Pro Valkyrie- I can get this to cruise.

Overstable Driver
Star Firebird

Understable Driver
Star Sidewinder 166 g

your new bag looks like it has everything covered, but like previously stated i'd reccomend a wizard or aviar, but if your good with the dart all power to ya