• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hey from Wisconsin & question

If you're in the SE Wis area please check out the local club's website at gldgc.com and the corresponding facebook pages linked there. There's info on leagues and other opportunities to meet others and ask questions. You may be able to throw all the discs you mentioned from someone else's bag before you buy.

To answer your question, from the discs you list, I'd recommend Millennium plastic JLS.

If you're in the SE Wis area please check out the local club's website at gldgc.com and the corresponding facebook pages linked there. There's info on leagues and other opportunities to meet others and ask questions. You may be able to throw all the discs you mentioned from someone else's bag before you buy.

To answer your question, from the discs you list, I'd recommend Millennium plastic JLS.

This.

I recently moved here and the DG community is the most active I have seen. Cool guys and will help newbies a lot.

Also I have had the nickname T-Bone before... I think I need a new disc...

In my opinion the JLS is a great starter disc. That is the first disc that I learned to throw straight. They are also very affordable if you lose them. The river will eventually go understable on you and it's a bit hard to control from my experience. I would recommend trying it out the JLS. At one time I was using it for everything back hand, forehand, rollers, it was a great utility driver but for someone just starting out it would be one of my first choices.

Welcome. New here myself. Had no idea what I was doing but literally stumbled on a River and an Anode. Both changed my game. The River is an AWESOME disc and one of the straightest throwing discs in my bag. The Anode is a straight shooting putter but it still goes pretty far. I'm also pretty fond of the Innova Skeeter and Stingray.

On a side note, my buddy swears by the Leopard and uses it for 75% of his shots.

Valkyrie is a bit faster but more forgiving when it comes to nose angles. In DX it is a great distance driver for beginners.