• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

Well The Blockhouse goes by "Blockhouse Disc Golf and Country Club."

Keep the name Highbridge Hills, emphasize new management.

IMO from the peanut gallery, of course. :D

I suspect the current name has much more positive branding than negative. This thread aside, I don't know that the crazy stories are widespread. Otherwise, it's a Worlds site with 5 or 6 courses in one place, several of which have been ranked in the top 10 on this site. I'll bet far more people associate it with that, than the strange adventures for people staying on site.

I suspect the current name has much more positive branding than negative. This thread aside, I don't know that the crazy stories are widespread. Otherwise, it's a Worlds site with 5 or 6 courses in one place, several of which have been ranked in the top 10 on this site. I'll bet far more people associate it with that, than the strange adventures for people staying on site.

This may be true abroad but locally.... ehh... Local perception of a small business is important even if they don't disc golf the local community still has old school town meetings and could impact operations especially with big events

Last edited:
How about this one? includes photos of the honka house and a cabin and a basket and of John etc.

John Jokinen via Facebook said:
I suspect the current name has much more positive branding than negative. This thread aside, I don't know that the crazy stories are widespread. Otherwise, it's a Worlds site with 5 or 6 courses in one place, several of which have been ranked in the top 10 on this site. I'll HIGHBRIDGE Hills Disc Golf "45"! Two new 18's and a "9" for school kids...who play free! Coming along with Frankie's Pizza and Honka deck music...New stage! Pm for details...just a teaser! Web site announcements coming soon!bet far more people associate it with that, than the strange adventures for people staying on site.

Might want to ask a mod to clean that up. The request of my quote is tacked on to the end, and it reads really strangely. Even for this thread.

This may be true abroad but locally.... ehh... Local perception of a small business is important even if they don't disc golf the local community still has old school town meetings and could impact operations especially with big events

Perhaps. I guess in the sense of being a "Mecca", I was thinking large scale. If by local you mean the local disc golf scene, I'd think the word of new management and revival would get around pretty quickly; around here it gets around well ahead of any actual work. If by local you mean the non-disc-golf business community and government, any tarnished reputation may be slower to heal. But I'd still suggest keeping the name, or perhaps slightly modifying it.

Some of us still call it the Grange.

Yes it was the Grange the first few times I played there. The name change was its own twisted tale (but not as twisted as the HBH saga).

Yeah, let's change the name of one of the most revered disc golf destinations in the world. That seems smart.

It's Highbridge Hills. HBH. Would you change the name of Coke or Pepsi?

Yeah, let's change the name of one of the most revered disc golf destinations in the world. That seems smart.

It's Highbridge Hills. HBH. Would you change the name of Coke or Pepsi?

Might have been better off leaving out Coke, some of the more seasoned members may recall that whole fiasco back in the day. Hey its NEW Coke!!! :gross: Not a fan, well here is Coke Classic! :doh:

Or maybe Coke is a good example, no matter what you try it will end up being called Coke again. Dont mess with success marketing people. :D

Might have been better off leaving out Coke, some of the more seasoned members may recall that whole fiasco back in the day. Hey its NEW Coke!!! :gross: Not a fan, well here is Coke Classic! :doh:

Or maybe Coke is a good example, no matter what you try it will end up being called Coke again. Dont mess with success marketing people. :D

I was talking about this at lunch just last week. All of the kids looked bewilder at the fact there was a "new" coke. Good thing we didn't bring up Crystal Pepsi.

New Coke might as well have been Pepsi. It was overly sickeningly sweet. Coke also had that serious trouble about a decade ago that saw them take a huge hit to their brand.

Poor management is no reason to change a name, especially one that's been so prominent in the sport. The talk of new management will spread fast, and Jokinen will be a distant memory in no time.

Highbridge doesn't need a new name.

It needs to be mowed regularly. It needs clean and reliably reservable accommodations. It needs to be cleaned up and it needs a bit of regular maintenance. It is a disc golf course destination. Take care of these things and it will succeed. Prioritize other things ahead of these things and it won't go well.

When I hear talk about these things getting done and a commitment to these things getting done then I will get excited.

New name, Chief Security Officer, Pro Team. Great? Maybe? I'm more interested in the hearing about the basics getting taken care of.