• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 7/19/13: Watertown Slumberland DGC in Watertown, SD

Flipped up hyzer with a Bio Renegade, hope it goes straight. Upshot and putt with a judge, classic fugitive upshot if it's longer. Par 5 under 400 feet? I've never even played a par 4 that was under 400 feet. That's one way to shoot low.

I've played here a few times. Near the edge of town, very windy. Strange noises coming from the nearby zoo. Course is very easy to shoot low on. A few other easy par 5s and plenty of 4s. Two streams and a few ponds on the course but I was only close to water once. I've noticed that high pars are a common trend in SD. Larson Park in Brookings was my main course to play in college and I've shot as low as 25 under on that course I think. It should be straight 3s but there's 5 par 5s and a bunch of 4s.

For those discussing how urban Watertown is, it is the 5th biggest city in SD so it is probably urban to most of the people that play this course on a regular basis.

I would flick something slightly understable to stable between the 2nd and third trees. I would probably end up 40-50 ft short and would have a long putt from there.

TP Northman. GL Core. R-pro Aviar

Ascent RHBH on an ANY line, so that it will fade back in nice, and then finish with a Anode/FLX challenger.

For those discussing how urban Watertown is, it is the 5th biggest city in SD so it is probably urban to most of the people that play this course on a regular basis.
My mom is from Watertown so I've visited dozens of times over the years. It's not tiny, but it's still a resort town. It may be the 5th largest "city" in SD, but there are still only 21k people that live there and their claim to fame is a wildlife artist. That does technically make it an "urban cluster" (dibs on "Urban Cluster" as a rap name), but there are connotations to the word "urban" that really don't apply to Watertown. So I understand what you're saying, but "urban" is a hilarious way to describe Watertown. It's just not an "urban" place.

Debating between the cheater lefty line with an eagle or the safe easy hyzerflip to late anny with an m4

not a par 5

Rhbh champ beast on slight hyzer ....stay out of brush...about 80 to go take a trusty shark and fan it....no need to putt...easy 3

Trusting what it says, I would very much like to throw my more stable Lace, but a headwind will make it a Nuke. RHBH of course.

Latest posts