• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Holding to the Hit and Horse Stance

I believe BlakeT said the last few inches are basically the same for everyone that throws really far which is that extension that pulls the disc around fast at the very end.

I usually don't try to compare my form to Paul or Will because I'm built so different than them. My form is more similar to Avery as is my stocky build, but he towers over me. I prefer to compare myself with guys that have similar builds or size like GG, Brinster, McCray, and Feldy. The camera angles are slightly different so I think the elbow lead looks bigger than it is on Paul and Will and their skinny shoulders allow more elbow lead. They are also throwing hyzers and I'm throwing flat. You can see the disc is closer to their left pec when they start to extend and their shoulders are more open because it's hyzers.

Oh man, I wasn't trying to be critical by showing you next to those guys. I was really trying to point out how you 3 all pull it to the middle, hand on the outsid and those videos you posted really helped me put together the standstill changes I needed to make.

MzK4ibi.png

XoL8V8f.png

NhunKzv.png

The video wasn't really getting a good capture of the micro-second I was holding to on the above throw, but the next throw it caught it.

lc5oRuA.png

I really have to focus to keep my shoulders from opening, and in doing that I ended up over-closing my plant foot. But it's sorta a fix-this, mess-up-that thing right now.

That was understood, I was just pointing out those differences.

If you think your plant foot is over closed, you should look at Will's in his standstill, it looks like he almost plants backwards.

That was understood, I was just pointing out those differences.

If you think your plant foot is over closed, you should look at Will's in his standstill, it looks like he almost plants backwards.

Cool, this damned text based communication is worthless!

I shooting for a more perpendicular plant. Accuracy was all over the place at 250'. From 2 putters hitting the bucket to a few 50' off to the sides.