• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you feel about Luke Humphries #69424?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what i have seen from people posting here, if you all dislike Luke Humphries this much, then he just became my favorite disc golfer.

Go Luke!

I'm glad I saw this thread. When I first saw Luke I wasn't sure what to make of him. After seeing other people put some of this stuff into writing, I realize how lame my first impressions were and I actually like the guy now, lol.

Last edited:
Stereotyping is the height of intellectualism.

After 41 years here, I've seen lots of your tye of intellectualism.

This fun for you? To take an unsolicited shot at a stranger? I'm kinda busy with Mom's day stuff but during the week we'll have time to show each other how smart we are on some random disc gold thread.

This fun for you? To take an unsolicited shot at a stranger? I'm kinda busy with Mom's day stuff but during the week we'll have time to show each other how smart we are on some random disc gold thread.

Ouch. I forgot you were in TX. 41 years, you've paid your dues.

Dog owners famous last words:

"Hes a great dog!! He doesn't need a leash!!"

As the dog proceeds to tear someone's face off because they reminded it of its previous owner. Keep your dog on a leash while in public.

Or just leave your dog at home while your out and distracted by trying to record some video. Dogs are capable of being alone, they're not newborn babies.
Nobody wants to step in your dogs crap, and I definitely don't want my disc landing in it.

Based on this alone, Humphries name is not very high on my list of supported humans.

This place hasn't been around 41 years has it? Not trying to call you out, just trying understand the perspective.

** Edited to say I just saw 41 years in Texas....my bad....

A lot of noobs here clearly don't remember all the vitriol aimed at Crazy John Brooks' commentary (who?) several years ago. The comments about Luke are rather tame in comparison.

And don't even get me started on all the complaints and ugly things sports fans say about Joe Buck.

Sheesh.

For the record, I am also completely indifferent about Luke's existence and if I find his personality annoying I'm allowed to say so without it being about hating the man personally. How can I hate someone that I don't know?

For the record, I am also completely indifferent about Luke's existence and if I find his personality annoying I'm allowed to say so without it being about hating the man personally. How can I hate someone that I don't know?

This. I'm not gonna like everyone, nor do I have to.

Might my opinion change if I actually knew him? Maybe. I just know how he comes across as the skins host, and the vids I see him in ... he rubs me the wrong way.

We're all entitled to our opinion - whether you're a fan, a detractor, or somewhere in between.

And don't even get me started on all the complaints and ugly things sports fans say about Joe Buck.

Somehow, my brain thought of Buck Martinez when I read that. I was like... how can anyone not like Buck Martinez?!?! He and Gary Thorne made an excellent announcer crew for the Os for a while.

End drift. :)

I will say this:
I prefer the real Luke on camera vs Nate Perkins seemingly trying way to hard to be him on one o the latest skins matches

However, I seem to get the same vibe as a lot of others here.

FWIW this can be an equal opportunity thread. I tried to make the title neutral, so as to encourage people forming their own opinions.

Several have posted favorably about him, so if you like or support him, this would be a great place to say so.

Luke seems like a fine host for the skins. However I think I'm done watching OTB skins unless some top players are on there, the trash talking gets old and is usually lame to start with, then they commercialize every hole and it last forever. 1 hour for 9 holes?

I like the OTB skin videos, the relaxed atmosphere, the heckling. Luke seems like a good pick to host these and fits in the groove of the videos.

I dont know the man outside of that.

Is there a way I can nominate this as one of the dumbest threads on the internet?

Just because you can say whatever you want doesn't mean its a good idea, lol.

'Merica....

Luke seems like an OK guy to me. He makes his skins match videos a lot like a casual round, you know... fun.

I suppose it might be because I'm a native Texan and 60 years old, but I usually wait to judge people on what they do as opposed to what they look like. I don't get calling people out due to a "vibe". Generally, I like everyone until they become unlikable.

The way i grew up...the KJ usa types are the ones you watch out for.

Anything you told me about Luke wouldnt surprise me.

We are all experiencing them as commodities pushing commodities, including themself. Draw whatever conclusions you want, but get the context right.

Status
Not open for further replies.