• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you keep score?

Madman, you also just created a thread asking how to start a league.

If you are serious about running a league, you will have to use scorecards.

The sound of using pencil and paper may sound antiquated, but its the only way.

Practice good habits now to prepare yourself and others for bigger events.

Echo'ing good habits, I suggest announcing scores at least every 6th hole. Or 3rd, depending on the counts and situation. Simple as passing the scorecard around your group.

Human entry error is inevitable, and there is absolutely no shame in correcting an honest mistake.

If i'm just keeping my own score I usually keep track with my birdie beads, and then enter my scores into Easy Scorecard after the round so im not constantly pulling my phone out.

If im keeping track of other people's scores as well then its worthwhile to use it during the round.

If i'm just keeping my own score I usually keep track with my anal beads, and then enter my scores into Easy Scorecard after the round so im not constantly pulling my phone out.

If im keeping track of other people's scores as well then its worthwhile to use it during the round.

That would help keep track of players that pencil whip...

I use a reusable scorecard for me and my group (keeps them honest :D) and then I log my rounds into dgscene.com.

For causal rounds and as back up during tournaments, the PDGA app on my iPod Touch. For league rounds I generally us the course's scorecard and pencil.

In my head for up to four players; one of my buddies sometimes uses his phone app. Paper cards for tourneys.

Normally in my head but when I play courses that have par 3,4, and 5`s I use pen and paper! Now if my normal running buddy is with me he has a app on his cell he uses....but I think he cheats with it lol.

Pencil and paper for me. I then come home and put the scores in my scorebook here on this site.

Have been using disc caddy for android for the passed few months.... just downloaded disc caddy 2. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow. Ya buddy!

Latest posts