• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long did it take to get your 1st ACE?

How many years before you got your first ace?

• Total voters
13 months and yet to get an ace. 3 pole shots and 2 chain smashers, one of which should not have bounced out, but regardless. Its coming. My home course has a 200 foot fairly open hole. Oh, I want just one!

Took me about a year and a half. Longest gap between aces was about two years, I think. Shortest gap between aces was two days. 13 total.

Started in May 09, got my first and only ace on Dec 29th. Now I want to try and get 1 per year.
Also snow golf is the tits

Took me a year for my 1st one then two more that year. Two this year hoping for one more so I can have three a year.

I've been playing for a little over a year and a half and got my first, and second, this summer. First one I threw a clear CryZtal Challenger, heard chains, but didn't see it drop in so I thought it spit out, when I got to the basket there it was laying there. Second one was with a group of about 5 and they all went nuts b/c it was the first ace they had witnessed live, I was pretty physched too. My buddy is convinced he'll never ace, so he just plays for birdies lol

I started playing disc golf in March of 09. I didn't hit my first ace until June 5th 2010. I then got my second ace shortly thereafter on June 27th in the June Monthly tournament at Sedgley Woods and that paid me out a healthy $170.

1.3 years and counting...had many hit basket or hit chains..even some that hit Chains..then basket..and then ground :wall: but i can feel it coming it wont be long :thmbup:

1.3 years and counting...had many hit basket or hit chains..even some that hit Chains..then basket..and then ground :wall: but i can feel it coming it wont be long :thmbup:

Someone once told me, when you least expect it you will ace. And my god it's true. All three of my aces I was completely relaxed just thinking about parking the hole. Every time I call out an Ace or think about it in my head I usually chuck it into the closest tree possible.

I started playing in 2005 but did not take it seriously until 2007. Hit my first ever ace in June 2008, nice 310 footer with a FLX Surge (Hole 5, Bassett Creek). At the time I intended to throw that way but I have never been able to duplicate that line ever again, nor do I want to because I throw completely different now. Since then, all aces included I am up to 16. However, 13 of those have come in solo rounds where I have snuck out and tried to squeeze in a quick round before I had to be somewhere. I have a ton of these rounds compared to the time I spend with people. I say I play about six to ten rounds alone to every one round I am with someone, so naturally my ace ratio is a little skewed.

I have hit two during our amateur league play, but since they were considered matches and not events, no money was on the line. I hit a third non solo ace during a casual round with a group of six back this June. That was a sweet week, having hit two earlier in the week during warm-up rounds before a big tournament (which of course I got no where near the basket during the actual tournament).

The amount of times I have hit chains and not stuck is frustratingly high, and the number of times I have nailed the top of the basket or the cage is more than I can count on my fingers and toes. Since I have started keeping track of my rounds here on the scorebook, I have played over 800 holes since June. Those are just the recorded rounds. I am sure that I play 1 to 1.5 rounds of warm up and fun for every recorded round. Chances are that I am going to blindly hit one or two every once in a great while.

Yet they always seem to come in bunches. I had two in September 2008 that were within a week of each other, the same disc, the same hole (Hole 9 at Plymouth Creek). As I mentioned already, this June I had three in the same week, one at Acorn and two at Blue Ribbon Pines. Assuming I will make more in my lifetime (most holes I play in the area are from 280 to 330 feet, and with 400 foot power I know I have many opportunities for ace runs), going almost a year without one seems like painful drought. Then I realize how badly I am bragging/ complaining and just need to shut up about the matter and work on parking it under the basket for an easy birdie instead of shooting by the basket by 40 to 50 feet because of a failed ace run.

Latest posts