• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long did it take to get your 1st ACE?

How many years before you got your first ace?

• Total voters
Got one last weekend on hole 8 at the Highbridge Gold course. For a second, I thought it might not go in...

The 2000+ foot Hole 8 at Highbridge Gold? Impressive. I normally only get about a quarter of the way there on my first drive with a Z Nuke. I think my best score on that hole is a 5 and that was with a hell of a putt.

Could you be off by a hole or two, maybe a different HB course? Hole 7 is a nice anhyzer about 280 feet. Hole 9 is a tougher 330 footer because of the giant trees in the way but still aceable.

i hate this thread, been playing for almost 10 yrs and haven't hit one yet, I've hit chains and baskets galore but nothing has stuck. Its not like I can't throw it either, I have 400 ft distance so i've had plenty of chances but no luck yet.

signed frustrated dg'er

Just a little over a year for me, three in a two span, nothing for the last three months but chains a lot... Course difficulty affects your ace count, my local course isn't the most challenging one out there...

Just curious to see how long it has taken people to get an ace.
In terms of years, months, weeks, rounds, etc.....

I have yet to get one...

My first ace came on my first throw ever, it was a 450' blind S curve ace through a densely wooded hole.

Seriously though, I first played about 5 years ago. However I was an ultra casual player, probably went about once every month or two. I stopped playing completely for awhile (IDK why???). I just started again the beginning of this summer, and my first ace came 8-28-10.

just about five or six months and about 140 rounds of disc golf on a 245 foot heavily wooded hole into a basket you can't really see from the teepad, but im pretty sure i just got lucky. it was one of the last holes i expected to ace at the park. super beat up pro d avenger ss thrown lefty backhand a little high, dipped down to the left through some trees, started to flatten, and smashed the chains. but then again, maybe not, i get basket and chains pretty often at one of the local courses, so maybe it wasn't luck. more to come soon, hopefully. hearing that shot go in and running to the pin to see the yellow disc resting in the basket was one of the biggest rushes i've ever gotten

about 6-8 seconds after i released my first shot.

8 seconds is some major hang time.
icon_eek.gif

I played sporadically(sp) for the 1st 9 of my 13 yrs.of playing,maybe 50 rounds played during that time.Then I started playing alot more due to relocating to an area with local courses.Finally got my 1st one on 12/31/09.I was honestly starting to wonder if it was just not meant to be for me. So, 13 yrs.for me.Just got my 2nd one at NAD park in Bremerton,Wa. last week,so that's 2 in 10 months now.Keep playing, it will come.

Aces

call me lucky but i have had 3 in my 1st year dont know exactly but i have a bunch of rounds and only 2 months off....:)

I first played the game in '92, my first ace arrived in 2005, the second ace one week later on the same hole. Haven't seen one since. But then, most courses I play don't offer a lot of ace opportunities.

I just started playing 2 months ago and was really horrible at it. I learned and I practiced...a lot! My first Ace???? About 6 hours ago.

I really have no idea. I don't think it was with in my first couple years though. My home course though isn't the easiest to get aces. But really i don't remember at all the first time i aced. Not the hole or what park.

Latest posts