• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long did it take to get your 1st ACE?

How many years before you got your first ace?

• Total voters
Play doubles at all? Prob the best way to hit an ace in competition. One guy parks it and the other runs at it, alternate who goes first on every hole

my friend that i play with like to drive first and then do everything else second. works out because he drives better and my mid game and putting is better

Took me 3 years, hit it during a doubles tourney. Hit my second yesterday during a glow doubles tourney at honey bear hollow campground. Just a little over 2 months after first one.

I had a dream last night that I got an ace. I woke up confused and angry that I didn't really get an ace. Maybe one day :\

It's very much a product of the courses you typically hit as well. If you've got one with many "short" holes local to you, you're more likely to get an Ace. I played sporadically for 11 years before hitting my first one, which coincided with moving away from my original area, and getting more serious into disc golf.

Well, I got the first ace a few weeks ago after playing seriously since March. Then this morning I just picked up a skip ace with the Predator. I guess once you get one they just start coming!

I got my first ace with a turnover shot, ESP Cyclone, hole 15 at DeLaveaga. I had been playing about 3 years, recreationally (i.e., not a regular tournament competitor, maybe 1-2 rounds per week).

19.5 years.

I just hit my first legitimate ace this past Wednesday during doubles league at Grey Fox in Silver Lake, WI. Hole 8A, 180 feet, gentle anhyzer with a 175g R-Pro Rhyno.

I hadn't been playing but a couple of years when I ace'd a 113' but I don't consider that. So technically, I have been playing 11+ yrs and NEVER had an ace.

I only took me a month after starting to play seriously (I've known about disc golf and played for a couple years but I don't really count that as how long I've played) and it was sweet. about 200 feet but a blindish hole.

Latest posts