• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long did it take to get your 1st ACE?

How many years before you got your first ace?

• Total voters
Been playing since July and counting. There's one hole at the course here though that I think'll be the one. I just miss the basket everytime and I know I'll drop it in there someday.

still waiting...

*hearing crickets chirp*
*seeing tumbleweed roll by*

It took me a week to get my first ace. I threw a glo TL sidearm on a hole about 180ft. It was probably the sloppiest ace ever :), but it still counts. I have gotten 6 since then (6 months ago).

How many years before your first ace

I just was wondering how long it took the average DG'er to get their first ace. I have a friend which it took about 7 years for his first, another that got 2 within his first or second year(not quite sure when he started).

Anyways if you feel like it you could share extra info, like how often you play, do you take the winter season off or play X amount less during that time? Maybe the distance of the hole, basically any info that may be helpful in figuring out how long it takes the average player to get an ace or that might be interesting to know in general.

Me, yeah I have none, but am looking forward to my first and have had some close shots on a few holes. I don't really play the winter either, so that definitely reduces my chances, not that people likely ace as often in the winter.

It took me probably 6-7 years of playing sporadically then another year of playing consistently to get my first ace two summers ago. I got two more that summer, then none again until this last summer when I got 6 in 4 months. Now I'm on a 3 month drought again despite playing through the winter, I guess they come in clusters for me.

I have yet to get one. Thanks for the reminder Mash...:rolleyes:;) I've had a few recent close calls including sounds of chains and metal but so far, its a nogo..:(

I got mine within three months, The hole was about 220', and it was with a roc

I think it really depends on the courses you play. I know there are some courses around if that if I played them instead of others I would have many more aces and gotten one much quicker. But my first ace was about a year after I started playing on #11 in Asheville, NC at the Montain Sports Festival tourney. I have had 2 aces and both of them have been during tournaments :D. Sadly I was only in ace pool for the second one. Would have gotten at least $100 in Asheville :(.

it was my third round and about 1 week for my first one, my buddy played for a long time before me and convinced me to play in between two classes that we were both in. It was nice having a course on campus even if it was tiny.

Took me about 3 months I think to get my first ace with a buzz

Got my 2nd two weeks later with rubber putter

It have now been about 7 months since my last one... (although there has been several feet of snow on the ground for about 4.5 of those months. Haven't seen a clean teepad since november)

Much like making my first post here...it took 3 or 4 years of lurking around. It was in a tourney though. Tight 230ish slightly uphill leopard. Only other was about a year later, also in a tourney, again about 240 uphill with a teebird.

it depends. my first ace was almost 10 years from the first time i played, only played a few times per year for a long time. still took 1.5 years of almost daily play to get an ace though.

Latest posts