• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] How Many Putters Do You Carry?

As I find myself focusing more on my mid and short game Ia carrying the following :

1 SS magic for most putting duties
1 serpent for putting anytime I need less glide, ie downhill or death putts
1 chief for most driving duties
1 chief OS for the driving duties where I need to stay left or fight wind.

I find myself reaching for putters when I would typically reach for a mid.

2 dline p2s putting only!!
1 g line ps annys and sticks to gorumd
1 sline p2 main driving putter any line
1 c line p3 good hyzer and sidearm approach

Soft Banger GT for most putting duties
Champion Rhyno (DX stamped, first run champ?)
DX Aviar P&A
Glow CFR Aviar P&A (butter plastic from ~2009)
ESP Zone

I keep dropping drivers and adding more mids and putters.

Rhyno x2 (Ontario Champ and Flat-top DX) (trying these where my Scale(s) used to be. They're longer and glidier and less OS.)
Wizard x 2 (G25 exclusively for Stickin' Putts and SS OG for Stickin' Longer putts and turnover drives)
DX Classic Roc (I'm messing with these mini Comets)
Glo Z Zone (Zone stuff)

I keep dropping drivers and adding more mids and putters.

Rhyno x2 (Ontario Champ and Flat-top DX) (trying these where my Scale(s) used to be. They're longer and glidier and less OS.)
Wizard x 2 (G25 exclusively for Stickin' Putts and SS OG for Stickin' Longer putts and turnover drives)
DX Classic Roc (I'm messing with these mini Comets)
Glo Z Zone (Zone stuff)

Im in the opposite boat... kinda. Cant seem to drop mids. Im rockin a Tursas (sometimes), Claymore, Axis, few Roc3s and a Trident (mid/fairway). I only had a couple putters until very recently. In addition to my McAviars and Zone, I added the Atom back for shots that McBeth would use a Nova, and 1-2 Shields (VIP and TP). In time I think a more seasoned Roc3 could kick the Claymores... as much as I hate the thought of that. My mids were dialed in... now I have more than I throw. Time to work that out again. My midrange game has improved greatly this year to the point that Im throwing some fairways less and less.

175 DX Aviar - Putting
168 DX Aviar - Turn over approach and anhyzer putts
175 Star Aviar - Approach and drives
175 XT Nova - Straight drives, straight approaches, shots that need to sit and not roll or skip or slide

4 to 5 Depending on the course

Putting Putters
DX Aviar P&A - Putting Putter
DX Aviar P&A - Upshots

Driving Putters
(Worn) DX Aviar P&A - Understable
Champion Aviar P&A - Stable
Champion Rhyno/Champion Glow Gator - Overstable

Six

Usually Six putters - Depending on conditions of throw required these are the six not in any specific order.

Sole
Summit
Ridge
Ridge (Glow)
VP
VP (Glow)

When non-vibrams are thown

I go with Millenium Soft Putter & Discraft line of puters as well.

There are so many good one of all brands.

I've got 5 currently. Fossil scale, fossil serpent, fossil fuel scale (driving duties,) worn pro d challenger for anhyzers.
Carrying an mvp ion to test out, but I'm falling in love with my serpent and keep forgetting about it while on the course.

Zero ... well, I guess I do carry one or two on occassion, an XD or a Colt, but actually use them off the tee for <150' holes ... I am finding that I am more consistent putting with some of my mids, or even some slower fairways ...

Just packed a smaller bag for a team event tomorrow at a shorter course (expo park aurora CO).
5 mercys
2 harp
(3 mids, 6 drivers)
7 putters making up nearly half the bag. And I was tempted to put a nova in there too...

Right now I've got a RFF Serpent for straight approaches that need to stick, a Fossil Scale for over stable approach duties, a protege hunter for longer putts/approaches and am in the process of messing with my in the circle putter(Pa4/Hunter/Serpent).

Also usually have a suspect or pig in the bag for driving, the bead on the Scale gives me issues with clean release.

Right now I've got a RFF Serpent for straight approaches that need to stick, a Fossil Scale for over stable approach duties, a protege hunter for longer putts/approaches and am in the process of messing with my in the circle putter(Pa4/Hunter/Serpent).

Also usually have a suspect or pig in the bag for driving, the bead on the Scale gives me issues with clean release.

You will love the Element Discs Proto putter then for your beef slot. They are using our top with the Warlock bottom. It creates a beefy/beadless mold that flies great.

Yeah the Element putters are really nice. I feel like their non-beaded proto (Proto 1 I believe) is basically a Pig-L. It's still quite beefy, but it's just a little less beefy than a fresh Pig. If you compare the wing shape, it actually looks a lot like the Pig wing too.

7....wow, thats more than I THOUGHT I carried

Serpent, Scale, Pa4, Pa3, Pa1, Harpx2 ...and sometimes now i toss the atom in there for fun

Latest posts