• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How to remove sharpie?

Burrito

Birdie Member
I want to clean up some of my discs and prep them for trade among the local crew. Is there any way to remove sharpie from plastic?

nothing will take off sharpy unless it's fresh . Acetone may pull most of it off but seals the rest in . If there was something to remove sharpy completely ,most people wouldn't be selling inked discs.

All depends on the plastic. I've had Z plastic be permanently stained with sharpie, and others that the sharpie just comes right off.

If you cant remove something, just dye over it!

The thing I've had the best luck with is using a dry erase marker over the sharpie, it pulls a lot of the sharpie off and doesn't make a big smudgy mess of the little bit left behind.

silver sharpie comes easily off any disc with some wd-40. but i have ad noo such luck with black, even with acetone.

silver is all that we should be allowed to use. especially in the marketplace. you can rub the silver off with your thumb if you do it long enough. makes trading a LOT better when you don't have uber-inked discs :|

I've wondered (but have yet tried) if a Mr. Clean magic eraser would work -- if you haven't used one, it's basically a superfine plastic sandpaper sponge. Anyone ever tried one?

i use the erasers alot to clean discs but they dont always remove the sharpy completely. sometimes yes but it depends on how long its been on there.

Latest posts