• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hyzer vs. Anhyzer

The terms Hyzer and Anhyzer were coined by H.R. "Fling" Hyzer to describe the angle of release of a Frisbee. A disc enthusiast active in the 60s and 70s, Hyzer was known in his day as the Father of the "Flying Flutterball".

I always had the theory that Anhyzer came from Anheuser-Busch beer. I'm sure there was plenty of it on the courses back in the day. Even if HR "Fling" Hyzer is a real person, it is a great coincidence.

Can any one tell me where your footwork should be when throwing a hyzer vs anhyzer? I keep trying to have my front right foot by the left side of the pad so my stance is closed. A local disc golf guy told me to be on the right side when trying to throw a hyzer. This is assuming the basket is dead straight ahead.

Hyzer flip run up would be \ (RHBH) for straight throws.

True Hyzer shots are more open from | to / across the teepad.

If you want to throw dead straight a slightly closed stance with hyzer to flat-ish release is where its at. You are not wrong nor is he just talking about different things.