• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Hyzerbomb Discs

YES. i have a nick hyde memorial recon tank and it rules!

So I have a couple of questions. Is the Tank a beadless Rhyno, and if not, how similar are they? Likewise, is a Mortar really just the beadless Gator mold, or are there some differences?

As far as I can tell a mortar is a beadless gator. However, the two I have, both frontline/star, have a bit more glide than a regular star gator. I don't know if that's the bead killing glide or not.

Fwiw a friend of mine tried a mortar to replace a beadless gator he lost. He said it was a little different, less hard fade, more glide. He was devastated when he lost that gator and his analysis might have been tarnished by those mortars not having the same mojo, but he knows his gators so I trust his review

The Tank is a lot of fun, but won't replace my Scales.

The Veteran is a solid fairway, but I have Prodigy, Discmania, Innova, Discraft, L64, and Dynamics that can do the same thing.

The one disc Hyzerbomb makes that I cannot replace is the MOAB. It is just SICK for an OS mid. The thing laughs at a Justice. The most OS Mid I've every thrown. From what I understand, it's a modified Viper, and it truly feels like it. I love my Vipers and Whippets, but they're hard to find in premium plastic. The MOAB firmly took that slot for my OS/Get-outta-trouble mid. One of the most overstable discs I've thrown. Love that lil sucker.

So I have a couple of questions. Is the Tank a beadless Rhyno, and if not, how similar are they? Likewise, is a Mortar really just the beadless Gator mold, or are there some differences?

yes you are correct. i don't like beads on anything other than rocs, so for me the tank and mortar are perfect. slightly less stable than their former counterparts, not really that that noticable though. alas, FMMV.

The Hyzerbomb Sabot made its premiere in the Nick Hyde Am PP's....
11/4/0/4
swirly/opalescent AF
Sweet Stamps
I have it at work today, If you're interested I can snap y'all a pic... and since I throw Rubber, and the Sabot doesn't have a huge Nick Hyde Stamp on it, it serves me little purpose, jus sayin'........

Is there any word on Hyzerbomb-gate? Did Matt Siri ever apologize for his customer service gaffe? It was all over the feedback page and DG thrower exchange...

Is there any word on Hyzerbomb-gate? Did Matt Siri ever apologize for his customer service gaffe? It was all over the feedback page and DG thrower exchange...

Pardon my ignorance but I'm not necessarily Mr. Current affairs these days. What exactly did Matt Siri get himself into?

DG

I couldn't find it again looks like it was deleted. Basically hyzerbomb didn't ship a disc in a timely manner and customer asked for a refund and said it was ridiculous that they didn't state there would be a delay in shipping like other online stores do. But hyzerbomb then "fired" the customer for saying the word ridiculous. Pretty much sums it up.

I couldn't find it again looks like it was deleted. Basically hyzerbomb didn't ship a disc in a timely manner and customer asked for a refund and said it was ridiculous that they didn't state there would be a delay in shipping like other online stores do. But hyzerbomb then "fired" the customer for saying the word ridiculous. Pretty much sums it up.

Haha, I saw that last night too, and it does look like it was deleted. Customer didn't even ask for a refund. Dude asked if it would be here by Friday and the owner says "I don't know I don't run the post office" and then offered the refund. When the customer accepted the refund offer, the owner told him he was banned from future purchases on his site, and he wasn't the first customer that he's fired. Then the thread blew up to like 800 comments before it got shut down.

Back when the 1.3 mortars came out they had a glitch with the shipping calculator on their site. They were pretty up front about it and if I recall refunds were issued pretty promptly for what people were over charged.

I had ordered a couple blue recons and blue front line xs, which arrived as teal. I hit them up on Facebook before I threw them, just wanting to verify that my order was correct and what I received was "blue". I was told the colors available were communicated by Innova so he could have the color options loaded to the site and ready for sale quickly and all the blues they received were teal. No big deal, the color is kinda cool, I just didn't wanna toss them if I was going to send them back for the correct color.

My interaction was handled well I feel. Kinda stinks if somebody else got the banhammer dropped on them though.

Pardon my ignorance but I'm not necessarily Mr. Current affairs these days. What exactly did Matt Siri get himself into?

A customer posted a private message between himself and who we can only assume was Matt Siri. The Customer asked why his disc hadn't shipped after a few days... Siri replied that he was "out of town and didn't have cell reception" and that he could "send it out asap, or issue a refund" ... Customer then asked if it would be "delivered by Friday because he had a tournament he needed the disc for"... Siri said, "I don't know I don't control the post office" ... Then the customer said, "I'll take my refund." Siri then said he would issue a refund and that the customer was "fired" from future purchases on the Hyzerbomb website.

There were a lot of people saying they'll never buy from Hyzerbomb again.. Just wondering if Siri was having a bad day? Did he apologize? Should this customer have handled the issue in private and not drag a man and his company through the mud on FB? I thought Matt Siri was a very well respected guy in the DG community but people are not happy with him ATM...

Interesting stuff.. The DG community is very small and tight knit. He and his image/company could actually be in trouble.. remember Salient? Yeah.. me neither.

A customer posted a private message between himself and who we can only assume was Matt Siri. The Customer asked why his disc hadn't shipped after a few days... Siri replied that he was "out of town and didn't have cell reception" and that he could "send it out asap, or issue a refund" ... Customer then asked if it would be "delivered by Friday because he had a tournament he needed the disc for"... Siri said, "I don't know I don't control the post office" ... Then the customer said, "I'll take my refund." Siri then said he would issue a refund and that the customer was "fired" from future purchases on the Hyzerbomb website.

There were a lot of people saying they'll never buy from Hyzerbomb again.. Just wondering if Siri was having a bad day? Did he apologize? Should this customer have handled the issue in private and not drag a man and his company through the mud on FB? I thought Matt Siri was a very well respected guy in the DG community but people are not happy with him ATM...

Interesting stuff.. The DG community is very small and tight knit. He and his image/company could actually be in trouble.. remember Salient? Yeah.. me neither.

Whoa! I mean, we all have bad days but this is poor professionalism plain and simple. IDK if that customer should have blasted him but he did so itll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

FMivrCY.jpg

i grabbed and sent along that screenshot to some friends when i scrolled past the thread on FB

Siri apologized, he was having a bad week due to personal life reasons.. he is sending that guy a box of stuff to make up for his unprofessional attitude during their exchange.. people make mistakes and he is owning this one

That's good to hear. I've only heard good things about Siri and I'm sure there were other things involved to make him react the way that he did.