• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] I am one one of the few that...

It's funny how it seems some discs are so popular here. Then we go out in the real world and we're the only ones who throw them.

I'm one of two people in my area that throw Z MRV's. Disc should never have been cancelled. Very sad they did that.

I've got a stack (12ish) of Pro-D MRV's from when they cancelled them. I use them to teach beginners and they work well for that.

It's funny how it seems some discs are so popular here. Then we go out in the real world and we're the only ones who throw them.

If I went out to my local 18 on its busiest day, I'd find more Wizards, Rivers, and Saints in my bag than on the rest of the course combined. And I'd probably find more Champ Grooves than I could fit into my bag.

I'm right there with ya! After I bought those two first runs from you it was all over
I did actually think of you and your GF, I remember she likes her's too. :thmbup:
Out of the 16 or so older dudes (40's and up) that frequent our local mini's, probably close to or just over half of them use 86 softies on every putt. Those are some accurate, spin putting dudes, too.

You can almost just go ahead and mark their score on the card if you see that they have any reasonable putt within 45' or so. It's cool to watch..

Those 86 Softies have a nice float on them, when most putters are falling off these glide for another 10' or so.

Yeah, my whole bag is pretty unusual. Polecat, Nebula, Tangent, Fuse, Eagle, Banshee, PD, Saint, Sword, Ion and Summit. Ion is arguably the most common mold in there, every blue moon I'll see a Banshee, Eagle, or Tangent.

I did actually think of you and your GF, I remember she likes her's too. :thmbup:

Yes she does, and it has tremendously improved her putting game. I'm happy she likes it, but I always want to steal it from her bag and use it myself. It's my go-to for uphill and anhyzer putts, still using my tanks as my standard putters though.

What I throw is pretty standard, but I throw short tomahawks with putters.

I carry a Crosslap Credo. Never seen any others in person besides mine.

I've never seen anyone else with a Quasar. I've never seen a single one in person except for the ones I've ordered online.

Never see anyone else out throwing forehand only putter rounds. Or even regular putter only rounds.

Never seen anyone else besides my friend Dan use putters or mids past 300', except the one day me, kutz167 and some others threw together.

Never see anyone throwin 500' drives for some reason.

I am the only person I have met that flicks putters with three fingers under the flight plate. Everyone tells me it's weird or wrong, but that's what works for me.

Works for me too. Also any mid with a bead.

I'm a Prodigy/DynamicDiscs hater for literally no good reason. I don't have one.

Does anyone else feel this way? Locals around me have never even heard of these companies (maybe DD through clothing or a supercolor but that's it)...just the nerds. I held an M-something once at a tourny a month or two ago but that's it - never seen or felt any otherwise.

I'm a Prodigy/DynamicDiscs hater for literally no good reason. I don't have one.

Does anyone else feel this way? Locals around me have never even heard of these companies (maybe DD through clothing or a supercolor but that's it)...just the nerds. I held an M-something once at a tourny a month or two ago but that's it - never seen or felt any otherwise.

DD makes a couple nice discs. The Judge is rock solid, and the Escape is one of my favs as well. I've thrown a few Prodigy discs, but none that overly impressed me (not that impressing me is anything to be proud of, anyways)...