• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I hate disc golf right now.

Speedly

Birdie Member
Just got done with our club's monthly tournament. I couldn't putt to save my life, couldn't throw more than 300', had discs getting caught up in trees, and carded my first ever triple bogey during a tourney. On top of it, I lost a CTP to set a previous month's standings by throwing straight into a locked enclosure, and was almost ten strokes off the lead for this month.

I do love this sport, but GOD, do I not like it at the moment. :wall:

Just got done with our club's monthly tournament. I couldn't putt to save my life, couldn't throw more than 300', had discs getting caught up in trees, and carded my first ever triple bogey during a tourney. On top of it, I lost a CTP to set a previous month's standings by throwing straight into a locked enclosure, and was almost ten strokes off the lead for this month.

I do love this sport, but GOD, do I not like it at the moment. :wall:

Still beats working.

Im in your club right now. Having a full time job as killed my disc golf ability!

I hear ya; I'm on day 6 of recovering from the worst dehydration and heat-stroke of my life - just couldn't pull myself out of the final tourney round. I finished, but obviously did not play a good round. Should I have finished? Probably not ... I probably did some serious damage to my health and definitely my mental game. The thought of throwing a disc, sweating, or standing out in the sun nearly makes me nauseous at the moment. I'm hoping a week or two break will get me back onto the course. Maybe a break would help you as well.

i know what you mean lately i have played like **** and i dont know why and it makes it worse cause i know i can do alot better but cant break the funk i am in

I'm down to weekend disc golf. I'll play only once this week, tomorrow afternoon. It has helped my game in the short term, but I know it's only because my joints have time to "heal". Development will be pretty much halted.

I'm very happy where I'm at right now, but nothing lasts forever.

I just want to play. Disc golf is fun.

I played doubles last Sunday.
I was hungover, sore, didn't even want to play.
Had my best doubles round ever.
Go figure.

good luck getting out of your funk

Ever since I moved to AZ my game has been crap. I know what I want my body to do and when I went back to MN it seemed to generally do that, but in AZ nothing works right. I really feel like my body may just flop over and die out on the course. It has become a very unsatisfying experience. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, whenever I visited here before I would get horribly sick within hours of getting off the plane. Over 2 dozen visits over the years and every single time AZ makes me super sick. Living here has not been kind.

Ever since I moved to AZ my game has been crap. I know what I want my body to do and when I went back to MN it seemed to generally do that, but in AZ nothing works right. I really feel like my body may just flop over and die out on the course. It has become a very unsatisfying experience. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, whenever I visited here before I would get horribly sick within hours of getting off the plane. Over 2 dozen visits over the years and every single time AZ makes me super sick. Living here has not been kind.

Find some local, unfiltered honey. Eat a tablespoon a day. No kidding.

I've been in a funk lately also. The OP should know he's not alone.

Not to sound too cliché but I find that "Two Steps Forward, One Step Back" is often very appropriate at times like these.

"Peaks and Plateaus" also comes to mind.

I've wanted to throw all my discs out of my car window on the way home sometimes. But I'm glad I didn't. It will get better. And you will too.

I would also say "Growing Pains" would describe the experience.

Good Luck and Godspeed

Had a bad round 2 days ago, felt like I regressed. Went out to the driving range (soccer field) yesterday and threw terribly with no consistency. My backhand was all over the place and my normally very good forehand just hyzered out every single time. Really had a strong desire to just throw everything in the trash and never look back, especially before I go and waste any more time or money on this sport. We all go through frustrating times and funks. Hope yours doesn't last long.

Disc golf sometimes seems like being in a bad relationship. Every now and the something awesome happens, most of the time DG is just not kind to you. You privately complain to some close friends, talk about leaving, maybe even do for a little bit. But you always come back

My driving today was B to B+, my up and recovery game was B-, but my putting was D+ at best. Overall I was playing well, but my horrendous putting was definitely putting me in a sour mood. However, when I have games like this I just want to go back out and play again, just to prove it was a fluke. Today I had to leave right after league, so I have to wait until tomorrow to feel better.

There was only once I wanted to walk away from the game. Last year I was in a three round tournament. I was sixth after one round, but after the second I was dead last. However, by the end of the third round I was dead last by fifteen or so throws. Rather embarrassing and by far my worst sanctioned showing ever. I definitely wanted to blow up my game, take a month off, and then start over.

Instead, in two weeks was my league's annual road trip. This league is strictly for fun with a group of two dozen great friends. This fun atmosphere was exactly what I needed. I played only marginally better, but the relaxed atmosphere playing at new courses renewed my love and passion for the game.

I am willing to feed and water all of your discs while you are on hiatus. :thmbup:

Heh, my problem is I'm completely reworking my form while discing down and attemped to throw a 400' bomb and strong-armed it instead of using my new form. That didn't end so well for my shoulder. I had to end the game right there.

Between work and the game, I love the game but, working all week and blowing my checks on pretty plastic- Not good.

After 7 or 8 awful rounds I texted the exact title of this thread (with an f word thrown in) to a friend who also plays disc golf. Then that evening I went out for a night round with LED lights, only put a light on one disc (I normally carry 20 or so) and had my 2nd best round ever at my home course. It will turn around.

One disc rounds are amazing for the game. It also helps you learn and break in a new disc quicker.

Your not alone. Between the stupid heat down here in Texas and me reworking my form I'm just about done. Ok not really. It's like Brett favre retiring. Tell everybody I'm done and then get home and think "what am I doing? I know I can still do this". Then I go out the next day and figure out what I'm doing wrong. I have weeks where I can't hit a putt from 10 feet away, can't drive over 250 ft and hit every tree on the fairway(or off the fairway). You can't quit though because there are the days that you throw the perfect drive off the tee and it takes that perfect line and BAM! Ace baby!!! Or the days when you go 10 under on a course you went 10 over the day before. You can't appreciate the good days without the bad ones. Good luck bro, you will get through it.

Latest posts