• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I might be crazy... The Salient Spark Bag?

SubaChampDG

These are now only $40.00 I know there is a lot of hate for salient. I have heard of the possible quality issues and the company is ****. I have a wife that can sew pretty nicely. Im looking for a bag that can carry around 15-19 disc and all my crap +a beer or two and water. Its between this bag and the dynamic discs soldier bag.

Looking for opinions

The soldier bag is 50.00 but its still a single shoulder strap which I'm not sure how big of a fan I am of that. I know you can buy quad straps but I like the backpack idea, and the quad straps add cost.

I don't like the magellan bag.

I keep leaning toward this bag... Am I crazy? I mean 40$ for a backpack bag. Even if it does rip my wife says she's pretty sure she could do a repair.

Help, do I buy it? Budget is 50$

The spark is not a bad bag. Ember and catalyst were different design/maker i believe.. I have owned one since tester days b4 released and it still is going solid with msny rounds.

Id never replace it being a salient product but if you want a decent deal on a bag that works you csnt go wrong at $40... I put some rubber like compound on the bottom of mine. Lacks some storage space of misc things but side pockets are pretty big.

Screw salient tho...

It's the bag I really liked from them, and I still carry it on occasion with zero issues. Super simple but can carry 20+ and a twelve pack. That said, they just filed for bankruptcy so I would stay away. Far, far away.

Sounds like a great deal
I would just be a little concerned that it would actually show up after giving them my money

These are now only $40.00 I know there is a lot of hate for salient. I have heard of the possible quality issues and the company is ****. I have a wife that can sew pretty nicely. Im looking for a bag that can carry around 15-19 disc and all my crap +a beer or two and water. Its between this bag and the dynamic discs soldier bag.

Looking for opinions

The soldier bag is 50.00 but its still a single shoulder strap which I'm not sure how big of a fan I am of that. I know you can buy quad straps but I like the backpack idea, and the quad straps add cost.

I don't like the magellan bag.

I keep leaning toward this bag... Am I crazy? I mean 40$ for a backpack bag. Even if it does rip my wife says she's pretty sure she could do a repair.

Help, do I buy it? Budget is 50$

This member is probably Kilgus

Yeah, for $30 that Prodigy option looks pretty good. If your wife can sew that well you could always have her add another bottle holder, or even get a clip on one.

Either that, or save a bit longer and grab a higher end option. At even $80 or $90 the Innova backpack isn't terribly more expensive and would certainly meet your criteria.

I don't think I could give any money to Salient at this point.

What if that $40 is enough to get them out of bankruptcy ?!? You wouldn't want to be THAT GUY that unleashed Salient pt 2 on the DG world...

What if that $40 is enough to get them out of bankruptcy ?!? You wouldn't want to be THAT GUY that unleashed Salient pt 2 on the DG world...

Bhahaha that's funny. True don't want to be that guy.

I don't know who kilgus is, I'm new to the forums and havnt introduced myself yet.

It's on eBay. Possibly third party? I keep going back and forth. I also do like the DD Soldier bag.. I missed out on an innova hero for 60$ but I've also read some poor reviews on those. Wish I could find a decent bag used somewhere...

Prodigy BP3 is $30 and a MUCH more trustworthy backpack.

Exactly this!!

I have a RR cart, older Innova DisCarrier, a Gorilla Boy Simian, and a Fade Lite but wanted something a little bigger than the Fade but really light weight for certain rounds that I did not want to use the cart or the Simian, and for roughly $30 the BP3 fits perfectly!

My only critique for it would be the bottom section seems too thin and prone to maybe a rip so I used some plasti-dip I already had and gave it a good coat. I won't use it that much anyways, but I am sure it will hold up well and for the $$$ can't be beat!

Wow, that BP3 looks decent... glad I checked this thread out!

I'm hopeful on a deal on the dynamic disks sniper bag now. Thanks for everyone's input.

Oh and screw salient... Despite I've never had any of their products. Lol

Good call. I sold a brand new one to a friend of mine for 40 bucks a couple weeks ago, thought I was hooking him up. The backpack straps ripped apart within a week. I consider myself a bad friend for letting him buy it from me.

I hope they never come back. Terrible products and services

Latest posts