• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I need your guidance

Yeah. Your right shoulder is never swinging forward past/over your right hip. Pretend you want to battering ram a door down with the back of your right shoulder.

Yeah. Your right shoulder is never swinging forward past/over your right hip. Pretend you want to battering ram a door down with the back of your right shoulder.

Fixing that will mayby help with the problem i have that I miss my lines to the right alot.

I have a issue with disc wobble, if I power grip everything wobbles, but when i use a fan grip I get a nice clean release is this normal?
And I have been experimenting with an active left arm, but with not so good results, I end up throwing way right of my intended line and it feels like I am rounding a lot. Got some tips?

Side: https://youtu.be/iI2sgDLE4tM
Behind: https://youtu.be/UF96HPFhxXA

I don't really see any rounding, you are aiming to the right at the top of the backswing. Need to swing further back behind you if you want a distance shot that goes left to right(all distance shots are aimed to the left - this is not rounding as long as your upper arm stays more than 90 from chest).

Use 2 finger power grip like Robbie 2nd last video and I show in last video how grip is basically the same index-thumb orientation in all grips.
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3440757&postcount=4

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 2.41.40 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 2.41.40 PM.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 84
Too upright, much easier to see from behind tee camera view. Need to bend forward/hinge at the hips so your chest/shoulder/chin are more over top the disc and your knee/s.

Walk perpendicular to target instead of what you are doing.
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136487

Or start in wider stance and only take a tiny step targetward.

Just looks kind of lazy loading back and not getting your butt or weight to really lead and shoulders turned further back.

You also kind of fling the disc out at the top of the backswing and start pulling from the leading edge of the disc instead of keeping a firmer grip/leverage on it.

Can someone help me clarify what's right?
Feels like I am not getting any power from my lower body, and I think it's because of how I aim/run up. My lower body does one thing and my upper body another.

Attachments

• 539D06A1-8C40-4E18-A877-D6906ABCA776.jpg
    539D06A1-8C40-4E18-A877-D6906ABCA776.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
It might be hard to say about the upper/lower disconnect specifically without a new vid, it could be several things. But based on this img and the above chat, you still might not be getting a firm/sudden weight shift from behind to lead the swing. It is easier to see dynamically in footage (though I wouldn't be surprised if SW22 can spot it from a still frame).

About the "aim," SW22 sometimes shares an image (attached) of Gibson throwing "straight and flat", which is actually at a hyzer angle that flips up and the line of play is ~20 degrees right of the orientation of his feet.

I attached another view illustrating that the angle of his butt and ultimately the line of play are some degrees to the right (it's possible that Gibson "yanked" that particular shot a bit, but the lesson abides). You can see how he's in a much more "loaded bow" position as he cues up the 450 shot relative to 250 ft. Among pros, it seems like there is some variation in the exact line of play angle relative to the feet. Maybe due to hip anatomy & other anatomy/form factors. But it looks like lots of people end up launching somewhere a bit right of the feet as their form improves. The key is doing it while gaining the proper flow of leverage. That's part of what distinguishes a good swing from a "grip lock" or "WTF Richard".

Whatever the case, I think getting the weight shift to lead & feel connected against the backswing, leading the disc forward may be what's missing if we see a vid! My own aim has always improved by focusing on learning the mechanics and not worrying too much about the static postures (though those are often helpful evidence that can help triage issues).

Attachments

• Gibson_StraightAndFlat_20Dg_SW22.jpg
    Gibson_StraightAndFlat_20Dg_SW22.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 7
  • GibsonButtAngle.jpg
    GibsonButtAngle.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 8
It might be hard to say about the upper/lower disconnect specifically without a new vid, it could be several things. But based on this img and the above chat, you still might not be getting a firm/sudden weight shift from behind to lead the swing. It is easier to see dynamically in footage (though I wouldn't be surprised if SW22 can spot it from a still frame).

About the "aim," SW22 sometimes shares an image (attached) of Gibson throwing "straight and flat", which is actually at a hyzer angle that flips up and the line of play is ~20 degrees right of the orientation of his feet.

I attached another view illustrating that the angle of his butt and ultimately the line of play are some degrees to the right (it's possible that Gibson "yanked" that particular shot a bit, but the lesson abides). You can see how he's in a much more "loaded bow" position as he cues up the 450 shot relative to 250 ft. Among pros, it seems like there is some variation in the exact line of play angle relative to the feet. Maybe due to hip anatomy & other anatomy/form factors. But it looks like lots of people end up launching somewhere a bit right of the feet as their form improves. The key is doing it while gaining the proper flow of leverage. That's part of what distinguishes a good swing from a "grip lock" or "WTF Richard".

Whatever the case, I think getting the weight shift to lead & feel connected against the backswing, leading the disc forward may be what's missing if we see a vid! My own aim has always improved by focusing on learning the mechanics and not worrying too much about the static postures (though those are often helpful evidence that can help triage issues).

Thank you for this detailed answer. Been watching your videos on YouTube as well, picked up a few tips. Keep it going. Haven't had the time to go out and practice in a field lately som have only been playing rounds with friends. Done some drills at home and do get a feel of how the weight shift should feel, but without repetition in the field I have no chance to translate that into my throw when playing rounds. The bad muscle memory kicks in every time.

Thank you for this detailed answer. Been watching your videos on YouTube as well, picked up a few tips. Keep it going. Haven't had the time to go out and practice in a field lately som have only been playing rounds with friends. Done some drills at home and do get a feel of how the weight shift should feel, but without repetition in the field I have no chance to translate that into my throw when playing rounds. The bad muscle memory kicks in every time.

It might not be ideal/possible for everyone, but I found I could get a lot of work done mixing drills and throwing into a target in my basement. Nothing replaces fieldwork, but it did accelerate how quickly I could get drills to convert to my throws. It's usually hard work no matter what, no shortcuts, unfortunately....

Trying to slow things down. All of this shots where about 50-100 feet. But still feels like I am rushing my upper body.

Things I notice.
- Bad balance on brace foot, often falls backwards.
- timing in reach back
- left arm to passive

https://youtu.be/AFX4iirbiCs

Need to hinge/sit into the rear hip to swing/load the lead shoulder back behind the hips/CoG. If you are doing door frame drill you are pulling with your shoulder instead of your hips/weight. The door frame should pull your shoulder/spine back as the hips stride forward. Make sure you do this drill with feet close to inline to each other, not staggered much.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-15 at 12.34.27 AM copy.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-07-15 at 12.34.27 AM copy.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 36

Latest posts