• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
i had a couple random questions about some molds and didnt want to make a new thread so figured i would check here...

(1) Did they ever make a First Run Stamped STAR Sidewinder? I have or had the Proto Champs but i prefer the star plastic and i have never seen or heard about one so figured i would ask..

(2) I know they did a run of Star Monarchs for i believe 08 or 09 Worlds.. anyone happen to know if they did any of them under 170g .. or if you can find the star monarchs anywhere else?

Thanks for any help :thmbup:

"rape me" prices as usual.

Isn't that the case for all disc's that are available only as CFR's? Innova has never had a production run of star monarch's. Definitely more than I would spend for a monarch; however, the first run CFR champ destroyers are worth a $50 fly!!

I'm told this is a Ching Roc. Is that the case and if so what does that really mean? It flies straight and all but I'm not a big Roc fan. If it matters there is a patent number on the back.
2012-03-06

2012-03-06

My friend has this Teebird T-mold. He's had it since ~2004, found it on a course. It has double bar stamps. Doesn't feel like SE plastic, feels more like CE. I know that Cam Todd stamped some white ones with bar stamps, but I've never seen any other color. Anybody in the know on this one?

Attachments

• tbird 001.jpg
    tbird 001.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 28
  • tbird 002.jpg
    tbird 002.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 17
ok..then what is this one?:popcorn:
Ching Rocs were the full-color discs that went through a machine that flattened them. The started doing that around '99, which was two years after the Ontario Roc went OOP. Around '05 or so, they stopped being able to get pigment for that machine and switched to the INNColor process which does not flatten the discs like the old machine. After the switch to INNColor, the Ontario Roc was brought back into production. Soooo...you can get an Ontario Roc with a full-color stamp, but it ain't no Ching Ontario.

:popcorn:

ok..I collect a few rocs, here and there...don't throw them. All I know is it is flat, colored hot stamp, and says Ontario. Feels like the same plastic as my old rancho's...does not have innovadiscs.com on it. It is perfectly flat across the stamp area. ???? I dunno.

My friend has this Teebird T-mold. He's had it since ~2004, found it on a course. It has double bar stamps. Doesn't feel like SE plastic, feels more like CE. I know that Cam Todd stamped some white ones with bar stamps, but I've never seen any other color. Anybody in the know on this one?

Does look a lot like CE from the pic. Hard to tell sometimes but I think your friend has quite a gem there.

star monarch's

i had a couple random questions about some molds and didnt want to make a new thread so figured i would check here...

(1) Did they ever make a First Run Stamped STAR Sidewinder? I have or had the Proto Champs but i prefer the star plastic and i have never seen or heard about one so figured i would ask..

(2) I know they did a run of Star Monarchs for i believe 08 or 09 Worlds.. anyone happen to know if they did any of them under 170g .. or if you can find the star monarchs anywhere else?

Thanks for any help :thmbup:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160755227026?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I picked this Glow disc up recently and can not figure out what it is.

The disc has a Norcal series stamp 1992. The discs were supplied by Steady Ed. There is no tooling anywhere on the disc.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers - Koffee

Status
Not open for further replies.