• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious what this disc is, it is triple-stamped as a "Sure-Grip" Blaze but I am pretty sure that is neither the mold nor plastic. Plastic is very gummy, like the HPP from ~2009, and the rim is definitely not a mid-range rim. Any Gateway experts out there?
IMG_4540_zps3ce85269.jpg

IMG_4541_zps343d6cde.jpg

Blaze is a fairway driver, looks about right. Although profile looks a little odd. Does it have a bead?

I am pretty sure the Blaze has a blunter nose and a much more narrow wing, and Gateway lists it as a mid-range. The wing on this disc is about this size of an Orc, definitely bigger than a Blaze or even than an Eagle.

It doesn't seem to have a bead, but there is some flashing under the rim and the edge feels very "sharp," for lack of a better word.

Last edited:
Hard to tell from the pics(wing sharpness and width), but you are right if the wing is as wide as an orc. I definitely wouldn't consider the blaze a mid tho.
I have one somewhere, it it maybe an apache(could be way off, don't remember wing shape etc, just know it is around speed 9/10)?

Looks to me like a mis stamped Apache. The current mold has a 1.9 cm rim size, if I remember correctly.

I found a USDGC 2010 stamped Innova champion disc that looks kind of like a Coyote but it appears to have a small bead. Any idea what it could be?

Sorry, no pics. My camera is broken and I don't have a smart phone.

There is faint writing on the bottom, I think it might be a Disc Mania MD2.

Sorry, no pics. My camera is broken and I don't have a smart phone.

There is faint writing on the bottom, I think it might be a Disc Mania MD2.
I was just coming back to speculate an MD2. :thmbup:

EDIT
I would assume that to be an early one, they were approved early that year.

Last edited:
Got this for Christmas, please tell me about this Tern

What is the story about this stamp.?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 39
Every year Innova releases some run of a certain disc with a Christmas related stamp. Last year I think it was Champ Terns.

Colorshift wasps. from bright pine green to purple , new max i think

somehow i clicked the wrong thread......i'm an idiot.

mods help me :D I mean what's the story with this colorshift wasp??? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.