• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
i seen you expanded Apdrvya INC. you have gone nationwide......:thmbup:

I got out of dgr, was like a void where you put effort in, but nothing ever came out of it... it was aweful... nwdgf is pretty cool though.

I got out of dgr, was like a void where you put effort in, but nothing ever came out of it... it was aweful... nwdgf is pretty cool though.

You and Moosey both are a long way from home for our little northwest forum, but if you find it amusing, then more power to ya. :hfive:

It does get pretty interesting sometimes, even without the colorful DGR language, and Franks sphincter humor.

Maybe you guys could come up and play a few of our courses sometimes, and meet some of people currently enriching your Paypal accounts in the Buy/Sell/Trade section. :comedy: :D

"pro line" Rhyno

What is the difference between a "pro line" Rhyno and a "pro" Rhyno. Been seeing the "pro line" ones on the internet and I am assuming they are not the same.

Rhyno

So if I saw one online for $12 new I should snatch it up? I throw pro rhynos and am always looking for more. Do they fly the same?

I'd also email the place and make sure that's what they are. I found a lot of places digging around online that had the old pro line picture up, but that's not what they actually had in stock.

" Pro Line " was the interim term for C.E. plastic, before it transitioned to Champion plastic. C.E. was introduced around 2000-2001, Proline was 2001-2002, and Champion became available in 2003-2004.
Pro line discs look like Champion plastic, and come in both candy and pearly mixes.

"Pro" plastic is a slighly more durable blend of Dx plastic, it's always opaque, never clear.
There are many pro plastic colors, but I always picture that natural off white color when I think of pro plastic discs, I think it is the most common.

Pro plastic was introduced as a step up from Dx, it was designed to be easier for intermediate players to throw than Champion or Star plastic, and is usually less stable in any particular model than the more premium blends are.

Usually, if a player wants to try a new high speed driver, like a Boss, or a Destroyer, its recommended that they try a Pro version first, because these will be the easiest to throw.
There are exceptions, like Pro Beasts, which are all the old X wing, not the L wing, and they are Orc stable, not new Beast stable.

If anyone wants a large stock of these...My old roomate has very literally 30-40 of them that he swears he will never get rid of, but he also has thousands of other rare discs, and he currently throws all discraft, so I think he could be persuaded with nice buzzzes etc.

There were some pro rhynos that felt just like the proline plastic to me. they were really floppy and tacky. sprung back to their original shape. they later run pros felt stiff and the plastic wasn't nearly as grippy/tacky/floppy.

" Pro Line " was the interim term for C.E. plastic, before it transitioned to Champion plastic. C.E. was introduced around 2000-2001, Proline was 2001-2002, and Champion became available in 2003-2004.
Pro line discs look like Champion plastic, and come in both candy and pearly mixes.

"Pro" plastic is a slighly more durable blend of Dx plastic, it's always opaque, never clear.
There are many pro plastic colors, but I always picture that natural off white color when I think of pro plastic discs, I think it is the most common.

Pro plastic was introduced as a step up from Dx, it was designed to be easier for intermediate players to throw than Champion or Star plastic, and is usually less stable in any particular model than the more premium blends are.

Usually, if a player wants to try a new high speed driver, like a Boss, or a Destroyer, its recommended that they try a Pro version first, because these will be the easiest to throw.
There are exceptions, like Pro Beasts, which are all the old X wing, not the L wing, and they are Orc stable, not new Beast stable.
Pro Line Rhynos aren't at all like Champion style plastic. They are slightly stiffer than Pro Rhynos but still rubbery.

If the one you are seeing is on Amazon, once you actually add the product to your cart and then go back and look at it, you'll see it is actually an R-Pro Rhyno.....very strange

How rare is this Comet?

I have an ESP Comet. I heard they only made 1000 of these. The difference is that Mine has two Elite X stamps on it. So is this a mis-stamped ESP, or an Elite X that was molded with the wrong plastic? I plan to ask Mark Ellis on Sunday during leagues. I thought it was just a slick feeling Elite X disc until I realized the trees have done zero damage to the disc.

2011-04-12-001520.jpg

There were a couple of runs of ESP comets I think, totaling over 2000. People really like them though and like to throw them, so they command a decent price Yours looks like a mistamp or a team disc mistamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.