• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
we're certain it's not X plastic?

I'm pretty certain it is, the plastic is identical to alot of X i've had, and not anything like any ESP i've ever seen, I've had plenty of X plastic discs that were durable, the comet in certain runs is one of them.
Also, does discraft sell misstamps of limited run discs?

I will talk to Mark Ellis, but everyone I have talked to as said it is ESP. After comparing it to an ESP, and an X, it is definitely the ESP plastic.

Next to my Elite X, I can easily tell. (I didn't want to admit it at first. I have had the disc since January, and I just thought Discraft changed their X plastic itself)

I will talk to Mark Ellis, but everyone I have talked to as said it is ESP. After comparing it to an ESP, and an X, it is definitely the ESP plastic.

Next to my Elite X, I can easily tell. (I didn't want to admit it at first. I have had the disc since January, and I just thought Discraft changed their X plastic itself)

The lizard lawyer will know.

I honestly think its x. The color looks Xish. I belive between all the comet pics we've seen all the colors run.

Also, telling us where you got it would help.

I have an ESP Comet that I found in the hole on hole 8. I heard they only made 1000 of these. The difference is that Mine has two Elite X stamps on it. So is this a mis-stamped ESP, or an Elite X that was molded with the wrong plastic? I plan to ask Mark Ellis on Sunday during leagues. I thought it was just a slick feeling Elite X disc until I realized the trees have done zero damage to the disc.

2011-04-12-001520.jpg

bolded it for you.

bolded it for you.

I have an ESP Comet. I heard they only made 1000 of these. The difference is that Mine has two Elite X stamps on it. So is this a mis-stamped ESP, or an Elite X that was molded with the wrong plastic? I plan to ask Mark Ellis on Sunday during leagues. I thought it was just a slick feeling Elite X disc until I realized the trees have done zero damage to the disc.

bolded it for you

I'll post again after I talk to someone who knows his stuff on Sunday, but I am not new to Discraft discs. Unless The X plastic has become super indestructible, and feels just like ESP, then I do not think I am mistaken here. I traded someone a disc for this one back in January.

I did not mean for a debate on what the disc is, but instead about discs being mis-stamped. The color looks a bit different because of the crappy webcam.

If its really esp, then that would mean its most likely one of the first or last run esp comets- otherwise there would be no logical reason for it to have x stamps.

Either way, you can't go wrong with a comet.

...so did you trade someone for it or did you find it on hole 8?
Or did you pull it out of a magic disc hat?
:popcorn:
Can you do a bar-buzzz stamped avenger with a magnet tooling? That would be EPIC.

Last edited:
...so did you trade someone for it or did you find it on hole 8?
Or did you pull it out of a magic disc hat?
Can you do a bar-buzzz stamped avenger with a magnet tooling? That would be EPIC.

To his defense, I've had a esp crush with a sweet red flake eclipse stamp.

First Run Pro TeeBird

I have a First Run Pro Teebird, Cal. I don't hear much talk about these, do you know anything about them?

What year was this disc made? Did they make this one, and then put them out in the KC Pro and CE later for durability reasons?

I like this disc, I just never really see them or hear of them.

Thanks.

it's not very popular becuase it doesn't really fly like a teebird. it's got less HSS than a regular teebird, so it's not that sought after.

I think it's just normal pro plastic

You don't hear anything about them because they suck so hard it pulls the sound right past you.

Any info on these would be appreciated. The white is a 169g Discraft Phantom Deuce(Misprint). The Orange is a 170g DGA "The Blunt Gumbputt" with Steady Ed's stamped signature.

picture.php

picture.php

The Blunt Gumbputt is just a standard DGA brand putter currently being made. You can pick them up at Disc Golf Center. Nothing special about it, really.

Now if it had this stamp, you would have something worth something:

attachment.php

That's the Gumbputt from the mid 1980s (along with a Wham-O 86 Softie from the late 80s).

As for your other disc... the stamp hurts my eyes. Ow.

Status
Not open for further replies.