• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
ehh what if i dont have either of them...lol i dont throw cheetahs or rocs.. ill just grab the ruler
Basically any Innova driver is going to be a small diameter discs. A Roc, Cobra, Stingray, Viper, Buzzz, Coyote, Mako, Shark, Wolf...all of those are larger 21.7 cm discs. If you have any of those you can compare.

Nah, just see if the diameter is closer to a driver like a Wraith or closer to the diameter of the Stingray. I already know it's not a Stingray, so a side by side won't really tell us anything.

INNOVA - CHAMPION DISCS , INC. ONTARIO, CAL 91761 U.S.A on the one side and the other says PATENT NO. 4,568,297
Ontario narrows your candidates down by quite a lot. Viper, Whippet, Griffin, Gazelle. A couple others. Not a lot of discs had Ontario tooling.

But...I must mention that if somebody tried to tell you that an Ontario tooled disc was an Eagle/Aero hybrid, NEVER listen to that person again in reference to golf discs again. Total information fail.

Not a Whippet bc i compared it to my star one the other day and its not a gazelle bc i have a glow one. I threw it in a wide open field and it was a strong meat hook at first and i threw it again and it flipped up on me but went back to the hook.

The white disc is a Star Stingray and the Blue disc is a 1st run wasp tooled Elite X BUZZZ

Attachments

• Image10222011225018.jpg
    Image10222011225018.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Image10222011225035.jpg
    Image10222011225035.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 10
Not a Whippet bc i compared it to my star one the other day and its not a gazelle bc i have a glow one. I threw it in a wide open field and it was a strong meat hook at first and i threw it again and it flipped up on me but went back to the hook.
The Whippet you are looking at and the Whippet the would have been made with a proto stamp are completely different discs. The wing is totally different on the current Whippet.

OK, it is going to be a Raven most likely due to the crazy dome you mentioned. When I get home I'll pull some discs out to compare and see if I notice anything; it's been a long time since I looked at a Raven or Viper so I might be missing something.

Don't know too much info about the raven, but here's a profile pic of one! Hold your's up to this pic.

DSC06178.jpg

The Raven was just a less stable Viper. It's a slow, old school driver. It has some decent glide due to the larger diameter. I didn't care for them; I could throw a Roc farther so I didn't see the point.

would you have any idea mine would go for? In the condition it is in and what not? It is truly a 9/10 but its just the ink that lessens the value

Status
Not open for further replies.