• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Imagine you are given a million dollars to spend on disc golf...

Brall

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Posted today by PDGA Facebook

Imagine you are given a million dollars to spend on disc golf...
What would you do with the money?
How would you make the sport better?
(no fine print, no taxes, just one million dollars to spend on anything disc golf related)

What would you do?

attachment.php

Attachments

• 530802_10151157318763318_575731988_n.jpg
    530802_10151157318763318_575731988_n.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 384
Last edited:
Call discraft and ask them to run me $400,000 worth of breezes and $400,000 worth of z venoms. Then i would have a one off 24k gold buzzz made with the last 200,000.

48 hole mega course on my property (I own 120 acres). 10,000 to my 5 closest local courses. Ummm...amazing disc collection. Some type of fundraiser/charity to help get children introduced into the sport, some type of scholarship foundation....

WOW 1 million dollars is A LOT to just spend on disc golf. I'm pretty sure after all that, I would have enough to start up my own business somehow disc golf related.

I think two $500,000 courses seems reasonable. Maybe 3, $300,000 courses. There will be some major landscaping as well as tons of trees being planted and ponds/creeks being excavated.

Buy property and install one nice 18 hole course near a major metropolitan area. Invest the rest to offset all the money the course would hemorrhage.

Donate a little to the club for each of the local courses, hire AdamJ to supervise installation for a couple of nine hole courses at one of the elementary schools I work at, and in the woods on the HS property near my home, then buy a real nice motor home, and spend the next couple of years playing all 50 states.

Put in forty18 hole courses at $20,000 each. Use the rest for a legal fund to fight the tree huggers who will no doubt whine

Not really a problem around here. I live in a red state and people around here recognize that parks are meant to be used, and not everything that grows out of the ground is endangered.

Interest bearing account. Use the interest that $1M makes to save a course here, install a course there, upgrade that course, donate to that tournament -- as need arises. The Lump Sum could be used if a great need arises but otherwise just the interest would be spent. On my death orders would go to my organization to continue to spend the funds in the same manner. End result should be much more than $1M spent and hundreds if not thousands of courses would be effected.

I would start a foundation to get courses built at schools and build a stellar course to rival the top 10.

In reality, I like the ideas of using that money to make money to help support groups that need it.

However, since we're living in fantasy world anyway, I'm going to blow it on my disc golf complex:

$500,000 for the perfect plot of land.
$100,000 for course installation - Three courses (red, white, and blue), with the ability to convert to one large tournament-only gold layout playing across all three courses.
$200,000 for the construction and stocking of a small clubhouse/proshop
$100,000 for landscaping
$100,000 added cash for the grand opening tournament

Take $500,000 and buy land and make an amazing disc golf center. Take $100,000 and donate it to the PDGA to give the to the winner of the next world's, because it may turn a few heads when the world champion wins a $100,000 instead of a measly 3-8 grand.

The last $400,000 would be split up into $50,000 increments to go the winners of the NT's in 2013 and if only six then I would give the last two $50,000's to two other major tournaments.

Buy my father-in-law's place (and the 100 acres next to him). Install 3 awesome 18-27 hole courses. Total 200 acres of disc golf goodness and a 10000 sq ft house that I would use as a B/B. Yes, property is that cheap where I live.

I would buy a couple houses next to flyboy. and a couple planes.

This thought immediately crossed my mind too!

Then I remembered that there is a golf course that has closed twice since I have been alive. I would buy the land it is on and make it a disc golf course. It already has little pro-shop type building and I believe all the maintenance equipment is still there. I would also open a store within the city that would also spread the word about the new course. It would probably be a 27 hole course, 18 at least. The rest of the funds would be put in a saving account so it could hopefully continue to grow and support the course.

All the private course people are forgetting about the 2 million in liability insurance you'll want to have to cover personal injury. So you have to set enough aside to get intrest off. Private courses are fun until someone falls.

But I agree with most people... plot of land, house, 2-3 DG courses and equipment needed to maintain/build them. USED - bobcat, tractor with Finish mower / brush hog / digging attachments, dump tilting flat bed truck with winch, gator, 0 turn mower.

All the private course people are forgetting about the 2 million in liability insurance you'll want to have to cover personal injury. So you have to set enough aside to get intrest off. Private courses are fun until someone falls.

But I agree with most people... plot of land, house, 2-3 DG courses and equipment needed to maintain/build them. USED - bobcat, tractor with Finish mower / brush hog / digging attachments, dump tilting flat bed truck with winch, gator, 0 turn mower.

The good thing about private is that you can control who plays your course and have a waiver for everyone to sign before they play. If they are playing without a signed waiver on file they are trespassing. Problem solved! :)