• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Imagine you are given a million dollars to spend on disc golf...

You're going to need more than a million for that!

Maybe, but it would be worth it! I'm sure I could find a clever programmer who could make some modifications to the ones they have for ball golf. It would probably be a similar program.

Use it to help fund a bed & breakfast type thing....something like Highbridge (a destination I must get to soon), but in a more accessible area. Almost certainly in the Appalachian Mountains somewhere (I love West Virginia). I am thinking $1M almost certainly would not cover even half the costs.

Invest. Buy land. Build house. Install 27-36 awesome holes. Maintain course for the rest of my life. Host 2 PDGA events a year, Woodstock style week long events. Die happy pruning branches someday. That is all.

B&B destination course is a nice idea.
Here is a thought.
Create a grant program to take popular courses with heavy traffic and make them more sustainable and give them a face lift. Fix drainage, retaining walls, steps, seating. Try and do it is such a way where you could take the proposal to a city and try to match funds to make it go farther.

I've also always wanted to build myself a RC caddy (an electric remote control wagon) that would carry a few disc bags and a cooler.

Build 9-hole courses at various High Schools and Middle schools around the country. Buy plenty of discs so that each school has enough to use. Provide new baskets for some of the courses around town. I'd probably get a new bag for myself, just because.

My course would have 2 holes where the fairways cross. The 1st hole would be up on a 15' to 20' high cliff throwing across a 20' gap. It may not sound awesome, but the 2nd hole's fairway is the bottom of the cliff, shooting through that same 20' gorge.

There is a 9 holer in Seattle that has this design.

I would use the money to make courses in other countries i get stationed at, one close to base for the locals and servicemembers to play, and maybe one on base if there is room. This help disc golf grow, and other service members can play when overseas in areas that dont have courses.

Invest the money so that I can have it in perpetuity. Use the interest to give grants for new courses in areas that don't have any already.

Then I remembered that there is a golf course that has closed twice since I have been alive. I would buy the land it is on and make it a disc golf course. It already has little pro-shop type building and I believe all the maintenance equipment is still there. I would also open a store within the city that would also spread the word about the new course. It would probably be a 27 hole course, 18 at least. The rest of the funds would be put in a saving account so it could hopefully continue to grow and support the course.

And segways! I forgot about the segways! I think they have some leftover golf carts if segways would be to expensive even after selling the old golf carts.

Throw it all at Mando and hope I end up with Sugaree. The party we would have.

i would design a bunch of courses, travel and work on improving existing courses that suck

I would pay to improve existing courses. Overseeding the fairways with grass, new baskets and tees where needed. Replant trees that were critical to the original design, but died and were removed... the result being an easy hole instead of a challenging one. This happened a lot in the last couple of years in Texas. It's pretty sad to play a formerly tough hole that is now a birdie opportunity and easy par.

A lot of old courses could use a complete redesign.

I'd buy an RV and a ton of beginner friendly discs, spend the week days playing new courses and running evening clinics for kids and other beginners, and run beginner friendly events with tournament rounds and other fun side events on the weekends. I'd get to see the country and play a bunch of new places and hopefully spread the word about our sport at the same time.

Was a few pages back, but I need a "LIKE" button for this one.