• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] In Search of Overstable Driving putter

I'm looking for a overstable putter. I currently bag a Star avair 3 and S line P2......let me know.

Wanting to stay with Innova mostly. Thanks

If you need something more overstable than the P2...rhyno, pig, hawg are the innova options. Harp, zone, caltrop, slammer, envy, jokeri, and sinus are the non-innova options. If I could forehand a shield as clean as a harp I likely wouldn't carry the harp.

A Gateway Devil Hawk is a good option. Depending on your power a Gateway War Spear might be overstable.

hyzerbomb tank in recon plastic is A1. the hard and soft tanks are pretty straight, but the premium plastic adds a bit of stability.

Im right there with you buddy in search for an OS Driving Putter from Innova. Ive been a Big Bead Aviar guy for everything putter related for years now and am now just thinking about finding something more consistant for the driving OS Puter slot. I currently use a brand new KC Aviar for the slot. Its great at high speed for being OS but at low speeds its really hit or miss and the same goes for forehand. Ive tried the P2, aviar3, bulldog and rhyno for this slot in the past but nothing was every perfect for me. Out of those, the bulldog was probably my favorite of them just because of how it feels in the hand, but none of them were really os enough. They were all OS but nothing like a Harp, Sinus or Zone. Im really hoping they come out with a Big Bead Avair3 that is more OS but until then I will be in the same boat as you.

Im right there with you buddy in search for an OS Driving Putter from Innova. Ive been a Big Bead Aviar guy for everything putter related for years now and am now just thinking about finding something more consistant for the driving OS Puter slot. I currently use a brand new KC Aviar for the slot. Its great at high speed for being OS but at low speeds its really hit or miss and the same goes for forehand. Ive tried the P2, aviar3, bulldog and rhyno for this slot in the past but nothing was every perfect for me. Out of those, the bulldog was probably my favorite of them just because of how it feels in the hand, but none of them were really os enough. They were all OS but nothing like a Harp, Sinus or Zone. Im really hoping they come out with a Big Bead Avair3 that is more OS but until then I will be in the same boat as you.

Y u no Pig? Seriously if you want something with the stability of a Harp/Sinus/Zone from Innova, try a Pig (preferably Pro from the factory story).

Y u no Pig? Seriously if you want something with the stability of a Harp/Sinus/Zone from Innova, try a Pig (preferably Pro from the factory story).

Not a fan of the thumbtrack, I tried an older pro one a few years back and just didnt like the feel of the thumbtrack

p3x will be nice and beefy as well as beaded. not sure on release date but it has been approved as of last month.

Been hearing that as well, so hopefully it is and they make it in KC plastic

Break away from innova unless your sponsored by them...treat yourself to a zone. Im not a zoner, but I will admit they are great for what they do.

And btw, wth at aviar 3 not doing it for you?

Since others are suggesting discs outside of Innova, I have to throw out the Scale. Its really the perfect driving putter as long as you know how to throw a putter off the tee...much like the Pig/Hawg I suggested earlier, the Scale has very little glide. Great for windy days and shots that need to hit an stick.

Precisely. Single manufacturer is only a hindrance if you're not being paid to do it. And the Reptilian Scale handles almost all my putter drives. If I want something that will be dead straight and not fade out, I grab a Reptilian Serpent. Both are very torque resistant and won't flip over on you like most putters will, they carry out well, but sit down without too much glide to overshoot your target. Anything within 200' I'm grabbing a Scale or Serpent unless I need an extreme fade (RDG Stego) or something floaty (Dart)

Latest posts