• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Info regarding Outlaws

DavidHedvin

Bogey Member
Hey all :clap::eek:!

I've been throwing rivals and patriots now - money disc so far for me. I'm thinking of going over to Legacy in the driver section as well. Some say that Outlaws are like a stable PM Destroyer? Some say its hard to get "good ones" - ones that are more us lika an AJ Destroyer.

Right now I have following disc for driver:

Prodigy D1 - OS
Prodigy D2 - Straight with fade
Prodigy D3 - Max D, s kruva. 130 meters (410+ feet)

I have read all 88 pages of Legacy Outlaw. A lot of info, first run, second run, icon vs pinnacle, etc. Can anyone here help me explain how different runs fly, how does the stability vary in those different colors.

I threw a Icon 173g Green Outlaw today, it flew like a stable PM Destroyer for me.

My max D is only 410-420 feet - is Outlaw a good choice for me to cycle?

/David from Sweden :thmbup::)

I can help. Go to Infinite discs or MST and get you a swirly Icon Outlaw. It's some of the nicest plastic you ever felt and they start out nice and stable like good Destroyer and beat in to the $$$ slot. That's my 2 cents.

Otherwise, you just have to do what everyone else does who throws Outlaws and start acquiring them till you find the ones that work the best for you and pretty soon you have a nice little quiver of OS to slightly understable drivers that you know really well because you throw the crap out of them. They are great drivers that perform well both FH and BH but there is no magic formula. Outlaw stability seems to be most affected by weight across the different plastics (with exceptions of course). The ones in the 160s tend to be more workable and some of the ones closer to max weight can be hogs. I have a purple 173 Icon that was flippy out of the box. I also have a light green 173 pinnacle 2nd run that is a true meathook. My 175 Red Icon is like a beefy D2. My pink 174 Icon is easy stable D without being overly dumpy. Light pink gummy 169 Pinnacle 2nd runs are flippy but massive S kurva distance like a D3. Generally speaking, they should range somewhere around the D2s and D3s that you are currently throwing. Good luck!

So would you consider that current swirly run of the outlaws from infinite leaning more towards stable or overstable?

The 170 I got is overstable in a good way. Mild dome and pure butter plastic. Very solid HSS with a strong but not meathooky fade. I'm confident it's going to beat in perfectlty from where it's starting out. I read somewhere on the Legacy site that this run of swirlies molded up nice and overstable.

Right now I have following disc for driver:

Prodigy D1 - OS
Prodigy D2 - Straight with fade
Prodigy D3 - Max D, s kruva. 130 meters (410+ feet)

My max D is only 410-420 feet - is Outlaw a good choice for me to cycle?

/David from Sweden :thmbup::)

I've got 7-8 Outlaws that move in and out of my bag depending on the course, so I'd say they cycle well:D

As per the usual, PLH is the biggest determiner of stability, followed by plastic type, then weight, then stiffness (which effects how fast it'll beat in.) Some colors of a run maybe softer while another plastic maybe firmer. It's this variation that make them PERFECT for cycling. Multiple flights from the same mold without the need for years of seasoning...

-I'd suggest a 172+ light green/light yellow Pinnacle to cover your D1 - OS slot. I've found them to be solid wind fighters, without being a meat hook like some other color/softer blends of Pinnacle. Still not stable enough for your massive FH:confused: try a heavy gummy Pinnacle or find a Outlaw in Legend. Legend Gunmetal Outlaws, I hear are pro level stable.

-Any 172+ production Icon in the color of your choice to cover your D2 - Straight to fade slot

-Any 166-169 Icon in the color of your choice to quickly beat in to cover your D3 - Max D

Icon that feels firm will beat in quicker than softer runs. I've also found softer Red Icon to be consistently overstable and season slowly, so it might cover your D1 if you throw 400g instead of 400.

Oh, and why you're spending money on warp speed discs, might as well pick up one of those new release swirly Outlaws previously mentioned. One of the main reasons I throw Legacy is their amazingly sexy plastic:thmbup:

I've got 7-8 Outlaws that move in and out of my bag depending on the course, so I'd say they cycle well:D

As per the usual, PLH is the biggest determiner of stability, followed by plastic type, then weight, then stiffness (which effects how fast it'll beat in.) Some colors of a run maybe softer while another plastic maybe firmer. It's this variation that make them PERFECT for cycling. Multiple flights from the same mold without the need for years of seasoning...

-I'd suggest a 172+ light green/light yellow Pinnacle to cover your D1 - OS slot. I've found them to be solid wind fighters, without being a meat hook like some other color/softer blends of Pinnacle. Still not stable enough for your massive FH:confused: try a heavy gummy Pinnacle or find a Outlaw in Legend. Legend Gunmetal Outlaws, I hear are pro level stable.

-Any 172+ production Icon in the color of your choice to cover your D2 - Straight to fade slot

-Any 166-169 Icon in the color of your choice to quickly beat in to cover your D3 - Max D

Icon that feels firm will beat in quicker than softer runs. I've also found softer Red Icon to be consistently overstable and season slowly, so it might cover your D1 if you throw 400g instead of 400.

Oh, and why you're spending money on warp speed discs, might as well pick up one of those new release swirly Outlaws previously mentioned. One of the main reasons I throw Legacy is their amazingly sexy plastic:thmbup:

Thanks for all the good answers :clap:.

In Sweden we only hafe two onlineshops, and they dont have much legacy :thmbdown:. Hope that will change soon!!!!

Icons are nice and do beat in nice as well. I have a First run Pinnacle and its Quite OS, I also have a later Pinnalce that feels a little different and its less HSS. So theres a way to get 3-4 diff flights out of outlaws.

Yes its a good mold to cycle and carry multiples. Its my favorite stable/os driver I've used. Get a bunch and see what fits where , diff weights, plastics, you can make it work for sure

Icons are nice and do beat in nice as well. I have a First run Pinnacle and its Quite OS, I also have a later Pinnalce that feels a little different and its less HSS. So theres a way to get 3-4 diff flights out of outlaws.

Yes its a good mold to cycle and carry multiples. Its my favorite stable/os driver I've used. Get a bunch and see what fits where , diff weights, plastics, you can make it work for sure

How are the SR Pinnacle Outlaw? In sweden the two onlineshops only ha Icon Outlaw and 4-5 SR Pinnacle Outlaw. Are they more stable than Icon?

How are the SR Pinnacle Outlaw? In sweden the two onlineshops only ha Icon Outlaw and 4-5 SR Pinnacle Outlaw. Are they more stable than Icon?

Not sure what SR is. From my experience the first run Pinnacle are definitely more OS. beyond that they seem to be 12/5/-1/3

SR=Second Run

These are great! In general, weight is the determining factor. High 160s will be workable, 173-175 will be more overstable. The pinnacles in general are fairly consistent across the board and they season slowly over a longer period of time compared with Icon.

I've heard that light green and orange are the most overstable but I can't confirm that. As I said above, the light green SR pinnacle I have is a meathook. The light pink 169s I have are gummy stable bombers.

My favorite is the 165-169 Super gummy icons. No matter how light they fly like seasons destroyers and the ones I have stay in that sweet spot for a while. They bomb. I also am hooked on the new Swirly Icons. They're a little more stable. But the plastic is amazing and most of the ones I've held have been so flat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts