• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova G Star?

Wow, I don't agree with this at all. I guess I just like softer plastic. I actually hate Champion in the heat because I have so much trouble staying dry.

Just different tactile feelings I guess. My hands are pretty dry, I pretty much hate champion plastic until it gets above 70 degrees. JL Champ is better as is some of the opaque/ce blends, but I won't even buy/try old champ anymore.

Wow, I don't agree with this at all. I guess I just like softer plastic. I actually hate Champion in the heat because I have so much trouble staying dry.

To each his own. I've found over time that I prefer firmer plastic. Soft plastic, such as the Discraft APX and GStar discs in hot weather, just don't feel as good to me. That's JMHO and my experience. I like Star plastic (Innova) and GL plastic (Lat 64), but I'm beginning to like Champion plastic as well.

I've had some incredible success with my G-Star (or discmania's G-Line) DD2.

the numbers of the DD2 (13/5/-2/2) are accurate and what you get is a faster/little longer/straighter champion tern. I specifically use the G-DD2 on really wooded holes in the 375ft and longer range where I want to gamble and use a fast driver to penetrate quickly.

before I'd use a champion tern and when the tern kicked it kicked looooong, but the G-star plastic often times just kicks straight down. And so far (as you can see with my wooded-assed local course) the disc has held up great to full speed direct tree hits (because I'll admit I find trees often).

what I don't really like is how unpredictable the skips can be... sometimes it'll stick + settle and other times its like a normal high speed driver and will land and skip huge.

I've tried the gstar teebird and gstar aviar and dart in the past and loved the discs (but unfortunately I moved on from those molds)...

up next for me is a G-Star Destroyer which I'm excited about because although I've had great success with the G-DD2, I want to go back to a smaller speed 12 rim to fit my hand better.

The only reason my P-Line DD2 is in my bag is for skip shots. It has a pop top and skips like no other disc I use. So, not sure if your G* is pop top but if it is, it will be a great skipper compared to others IMO.

yeah

I've never had any issues with the heat and gstar but I'm pretty much cool with any type of plastic currently out there.

Picked up a bunch of g star for no reason. made a little bag

aviar, aviar driver, mako3, roc3, leopard, teebird, roadrunner, valkyrie, thunderbird, krait, wraith, tern, boss.

should be fun considering i don't have the power for anything past the first 5.

With the cooler weather on its way (hopefully). I think any gstar type plastic makes sense.

I just ordered a couple gstar eagle x's. Primarily to feel in a gap in my bag that trilogy discs don't offer. Part nostalgia as well (the eagle mold).

But really for me having a strong stable fairway driver in a graspable plastic in fall early/winter will be a necessity.

So far the gstar stuff has been the best cold weather graspable plastic.

I have some of the biofuzion plastic by DD that is super grippy as well but I have not tried it in the cold yet.

I agree with you, and an ambient 95 is a cool day here. Plastic doesn't care about humidity (although it is the monsoon now), might make your hands a bit slippier, but that's it.

Today I saw a Foxbat, which was in Star Plastic. Light green color, but I noticed the pearlescent sheen and the lines going towards the center in the plastic... like GStar. Felt like Star, and firm around the edge, so it was Star plastic.

Got home, looked at all three of my Foxbats, all of them light green... and they were solid green without the pearlescence.

We are definitely losing our good ol' Star plastic. :(

i definitely have to disagree. i think we are just getting a lot of transitional stuff. plenty of regular, new stock star out there. now there's just mud in the water between runs.

Today I saw a Foxbat, which was in Star Plastic. Light green color, but I noticed the pearlescent sheen and the lines going towards the center in the plastic... like GStar. Felt like Star, and firm around the edge, so it was Star plastic.

Got home, looked at all three of my Foxbats, all of them light green... and they were solid green without the pearlescence.

We are definitely losing our good ol' Star plastic. :(
No, Innova was dumb. Surprise there.

When they released G* the Foxbat came out right at the same time. Best part? The Foxbat G* were marked Star because...... Innova didn't have a name for G* yet!!!

So yes, the Star Foxbat can be both G* and Star. I used to throw both.

No, Innova was dumb. Surprise there.

When they released G* the Foxbat came out right at the same time. Best part? The Foxbat G* were marked Star because...... Innova didn't have a name for G* yet!!!

So yes, the Star Foxbat can be both G* and Star. I used to throw both.

Interesting. The Wombat is a Foxbat with a VTech convex rim, a bead, and GStar plastic (until Champ came out). The Wombat came out right after the Foxbat and GStar...

Today was the first day I saw any Foxbat (which AFAIK only comes in Star and not DX or Champ, etc.) with those GStar-like lines.

But my overall point is that Star plastic is getting softer and softer, and more GStar-like all the time. Star Roc3s are getting floppy as all get-out...

just because there are smears or lines in the plastic doesn't mean it's gstar. If it did, I've got a CE valk you should see. Along with a star FL, tl, and a few teebirds. All have those lines.

The point stands, Innova screwed the pooch. The Star Foxbat is labeled the same rather it's G* or regular star.

And no, the Wombat came out a little over a year after the Foxbat. Foxbat came out Oct 2013. Wombat came out Feb 2015.

Look at my pics. Both marked *FT but completely different plastics.

Attachments

• 20140910_222510.jpg
    20140910_222510.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 25
  • 20150902_235741.jpg
    20150902_235741.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 23
90+ the other day

I almost couldn't tell the difference between a recent star scorpio, old star s-tb, and gstar. Pretty, pretty close.

Fell in love with the g star roc3, Teebird, Valkyrie, and wraith out of everything I bought. Did not like the leopard at all in this plastic

Fell in love with the g star roc3, Teebird, Valkyrie, and wraith out of everything I bought. Did not like the leopard at all in this plastic
I agree on the Roc3 and Valk.

How do the GStar Teebird and Wraith compare to other plastics? I've only started throwing the Teebird in DX and for me it's pretty overstable so far. Wraith is too, in Star, champ and echo star. Curious to know if these discs are less stable out of the box in Gstar. I've got a beat DX Wraith that is quickly earning workhorse status as my longest disc I can throw reasonably straight.

Latest posts